Xbox 360, Ratty knife and loveseat cushions disappear

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Jan. 24 and Jan. 30. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls, which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Thursday, Jan. 24:

3:47 p.m. Student reported that his Xbox 360, two controllers and a game were taken from his friend's room in Morriss Hall. The system was last seen on Dec. 20 and was noticed missing on Jan. 20. There were no signs of forced entry and the door appeared to be in working condition. There are no suspects at this time.

Monday, Jan. 28:

1:22 p.m. A custodian reported that he noticed the cushions were missing from a couch, a loveseat and a chair from the first floor lounge area of Perkins Hall. The cushions were there when he left work on Jan. 25. There are no suspects at this time.

Tuesday, Jan. 29:

11:32 a.m. Officers were dispatched for a report of a suspicious person in Rockefeller Library. The male was last seen on the "A" level of the library. An employee reported that there was a male in the building that was making the staff uncomfortable. She reported that there had been a student at the front desk when the male came in. The male signed himself in as a guest and said that he was affiliated with the University. Another employee reported that the male approached him and asked if he remembered him from the period when he worked for a moving company. The male's story about working as a temporary employee for the University did not make sense and the male was sweating. Officers stood by the main entrance and the south side of the building. The other officers on the scene searched the building. The suspicious male was not located.

12:10 p.m. While on patrol, an officer noticed graffiti in yellow spray paint on the southwest glass window pane of Rockefeller Library. Facilities Management was notified.

8:12 p.m. Brown Dining Services employee stated his eight-inch chef's knife was taken from the Sharpe Refectory. He reported he left the knife under the vegetable sink located in the southeast corner of the kitchen at approximately 7:30 p.m. When he returned at approximately 7:50 p.m., the knife was missing. There are no suspects at this time.

Wednesday, Jan. 30:

2:41 p.m. The reporting party stated that he left room 444 of the GeoChem Building at 1:15 p.m. When he returned at 1:40 p.m. he noticed that his laptop was missing from his desk. The cable lock that secured the laptop was broken and left on top of his desk. There was no sign of forced entry or any other damage found. The lab door was unlocked during the time of the theft. There are no suspects at this time.

4:56 p.m. A student stated that on Dec. 27 at 10 p.m. she placed her black computer camera in the top drawer of her desk in her room in Andrews Hall. When she returned from winter break on Jan. 27 at 4 p.m., she noticed the camera was missing. She stated she secured her room prior to leaving for winter break. There are no suspects at this time.