Go home, officers tell brawlers

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Feb. 14 and Feb. 20. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Sunday, Feb. 17:1:26 a.m. Officers were dispatched for a report of a fight on Lincoln Field involving several males and a female. Upon arrival, they observed several individuals arguing. The parties were all separated, instructed to head home and stay away from each other for the rest of the night. The parties dispersed without further incident. The matter has been turned over to the Office of Student Life.

Tuesday, Feb. 19:1:03 p.m. A student said that Feb. 19 at 12:05 p.m. was the last time he saw his computer in his office in the Orwig Music Center. He left and returned 50 minutes later, at 12:55 p.m., and noticed his computer missing. He said he did not lock his office. There are no suspects at this time.

2:05 p.m. DPS and PPD officers were dispatched for the report of a stolen laptop. A University employee reported that sometime between 11:55 a.m. and 1:20 p.m., an unknown party took a laptop computer from his cubicle at 3 Davol Square. A possible male suspect was seen earlier near the west entrance. He was holding the door open as people left and was later seen in the center stairway. Officers checked the building and found no sign of the suspect.

10:26 p.m. A graduate student stated he parked his vehicle in Lot 2 on Jan. 20 around 10 p.m. He returned to Providence on Feb. 19 around 10 p.m. and the vehicle was missing. Providence Police arrived at the scene and spoke with the complainant. There are no suspects at this time.

Wednesday, Feb. 20:9:52 a.m. An employee reported that sometime between 3:20 p.m. on Feb. 19 and 4 a.m. on Feb. 20, four leather chairs were taken from the President's Dining Room in the Sharpe Refectory.

10:40 a.m. The complainant reported that sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Feb. 20, an unknown person or group broke into the Production Workshop Box Office in TF Green Hall and stole a cash box which contained approximately $400. The burglars smashed out the glass service window at the box office. The door handle was also pulled off; it was on the floor in the hallway. Officers took photos of the area and the damage and transported the evidence to DPS headquarters. Facilities Management also responded to the scene to board up the window.

10:05 p.m. A part time employee of Dining Services reported that her wallet was taken from her jacket which she had hung up on the coat rack in the Verney-Woolley Dining Hall. There are no suspects at this time.