Spring Weekend tickets on sale today

Spring Weekend tickets will go on sale today in lower Faunce House and will be sold daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m while supplies last. Tickets for students, faculty and staff with Brown/RISD ID are $12 for the April 11 concert and $15 for the April 12 concert. Two-day passes will also be available through Friday for $20.

The Friday performance - featuring rapper Lupe Fiasco and indie rock band Vampire Weekend - will start at 7:30 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m. The Saturday show will star British rap/grime artist M.I.A. with mashup DJ Girl Talk and prog-jam band Umphrey's McGee. The performance will start at 2 p.m. on the Main Green and doors will open at 1 p.m.

A Feb. 20 Herald article reported that Brown Concert Agency has been in talks with Director of Student Activities Ricky Gresh, Associate Vice President of Campus Life and Dean for Student Life Margaret Klawunn and other campus administrators about the possibility of holding the April 11 concert on the Main Green as well. Cash McCracken '08, BCA's administrative chair, confirmed that this discussion is still ongoing, but added that a decision about the concert location is expected this week.

For the first time, this year's Spring Weekend tickets may be purchased with a debit or credit card, in addition to cash, McCracken said.

General admission is $20 on Friday and $25 on Saturday.