View Larger Map

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between April 17 and April 23. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Friday, April 18:

12:24 a.m. An officer was dispatched for a noise complaint at Perkins Hall. He responded and walked between 125 Hope Street and Perkins Hall. He remained in the area for approximately 15 minutes and did not hear any loud music or noise, at which point he asked DPS dispatch if the caller wanted to speak with an officer. The caller declined.

Saturday, April 19:

6:59 p.m. A student reported that while walking north on Thayer Street in the area of the Sciences Library, she passed a male and female who she believes spit some kind of liquid drink on her left arm. She approached the male subject and asked him if he had spit at her. He stated he didn't, and he laughed. She informed him that she was going to call DPS. The subject then apologized and the victim went on her way.

Monday, April 21:

9:45 a.m. An officer noticed graffiti on the cement pillars of Lot 81. The Office of Facilities Management was notified.

Tuesday, April 22:

1:56 a.m. A student reported that her laptop computer and power cord were stolen from her room in Grad Tower D while she was out of her room for about an hour. Her door was propped open. The student's roommate stated that her iPod had been stolen. There are no suspects at this time.

6:10 p.m. Officers were dispatched to respond to disorderly conduct by protesters in the Salomon Center. Two students had thrown green Cool Whip at a speaker. The matter is being handled by Student Life.

Wednesday, April 23:

10:54 p.m. Officers noticed graffiti on the exterior walls and a broken window on Pembroke Field House. Facilities Management was notified.

11:28 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the seventh floor of Minden Hall in response to a fire extinguisher that had been discharged. Upon arrival, the officers found the fire extinguisher on the floor between rooms 703 and 705. The floor and walls in the immediate area were covered with white powder. There was no one in the area and there are no suspects. An on-scene officer notified Facilities Management of the damage.