Women's tennis earns high academic marks

The women's tennis team was one of six Ivy League teams, and one of 102 teams across the country, to earn the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's All-Academic Team award. Six different members of the team are among the 499 student athletes nationwide who individually received the title of ITA scholar athlete, and Brown's six scholar athletes were the most among any of their rivals in the Ivy League. Dartmouth was closest to matching the Bears, as the Big Green had five scholar-athlete selections, followed by Princeton (4), Yale (3), Columbia (2), and Cornell (2).

The ITA All-Academic Team Award is open to any ITA program whose cumulative grade point average is 3.20 or higher. All student athletes who have competed in one or more varsity matches must have their GPA included into the team average for the current academic year. On an individual level, ITA scholar athletes must be a varsity letter winner, have a GPA of 3.50 or above and have been enrolled at their current school for at least two semesters.

Brown's individual ITA scholar athletes include Alexa Baggio '09, Brett Finkelstein '09, Sara Mansur '09, Emily Ellis '10, Marisa Schonfeld '11 and recent graduate Kelley Kirkpatrick '08.