What to watch: September

Fear not, first-years. While you may not be attending a sports-crazed university, there are still games to watch, underdogs to root for and stars to admire at Brown. Below, a rundown of key September home games that the Class of 2014 will want to attend:

Men's soccer, Sept. 10 and 12:

Become acquainted with the men's soccer squad at the annual Brown Soccer Classic. The Bears, who made it to the second round of the NCAA Division I Tournament last season, will square off against the University of South Carolina on Sept. 10 and Hofstra University on Sept. 12.

Field hockey, Sept. 19:

Watch Bruno take on Bryant University in an intrastate rivalry matchup. The Bears defeated Bryant 3-2 last season and will be looking to hold off the Bulldogs once more.

Women's tennis, Sept. 24–26:

Head over to the tennis courts behind the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center (aka the OMAC) for the Brown Invitational. Keep an eye out for First Team All-Ivy selection Bianca Aboubakare '11, who will begin her quest to position herself atop the University record books. Aboubakare starts the season with 138 match victories, the second-most in team history.

Football, Sept. 25:

Bruno faces Harvard, the Ivy League Football Preseason Media Poll favorite to win the conference crown. The team will look to avenge last season's 24-21 defeat in a historic night at Brown Stadium — the 8 p.m. kickoff time will mark the first night game in the stadium's 85-year history.