Since its opening Aug. 16, the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center has quickly entered the everyday routines of students as a convenient place to eat, study and socialize.

"It's a necessary part of the Brown campus," Sara Kinslow '12 said.

One of the new features of the renovated Faunce is the Information and Welcome Desk. Lisa Brown, the coordinator of the desk, and a team of student workers help to answer questions and provide information about the University.

Though students said they were generally happy with the space, the center leaves at least one thing to be desired — an ATM. Frequent questions include, "Where's the CVC machine? Where's the ATM?" Brown said.

Harry Aspinwall '11, who also works at the Info Desk, echoed these common concerns, saying "I'm looking forward to there being an ATM in here."

Visitors also come to the desk to find out about information sessions and tours, which now start at Faunce Arch, Brown said.

Many students said they liked the convenience of the new Blue Room, as well as the selection of foods available. But there is still room for improvement, according to some. "I hate how the focaccia sandwiches stop at two," Lingke Wang '12 said.

The lines can also extend out into the seating area during peak hours, especially now that the eatery serves offerings from Kabob and Curry in the evening. At lunch, Sara Kinslow '12 said, she "went to the Blue Room, and the line was way too long."

The Center has also proved to be an extremely popular study and meeting spot.

"I'm noticing it's been a great space for studying. I've seen study groups, people coming in by themselves and studying," said Brown.

"The Leung Gallery is very quiet," remarked Wang. "Sometimes I study there."

The overall design and layout of the new campus center has been enthusiastically accepted as well.

"It's a space that we probably have needed for a long time," Brown said.

Small conveniences have made a big impact on students.

"The hand blow dryers are pretty sick," Laura Ucik '13 said.

"That new water bottler filler is also pretty sick," Aspinwall added. Brown also noted that "the new hydration stations are pretty popular."