A week and a day after hip-hop icon Sean "Diddy" Combs tweeted he would be coming to Brown as part of his upcoming tour, the Brown Concert Agency confirmed that Diddy-Dirty Money — a group featuring Combs as well as singers Dawn Richard and Kalenna Harper— and indie-electronic group TV on the Radio will be headlining this year's Spring Weekend. TV on the Radio will play at the Friday, April 15 concert and Diddy-Dirty Money will perform Saturday, April 16.

"Both of these acts are coming at a really exciting time in their careers," said Abby Schreiber '11, BCA's booking chair.

TV on the Radio is releasing its fourth album, "Nine Types of Light," April 12th — three days before its Spring Weekend performance. The band has been on hiatus since 2009.

Diddy-Dirty Money released its first album, "Last Train to Paris," Dec. 13. The album was Combs' first since 2006.

Brown is the only university on TV on the Radio's tour. This is Diddy's first-ever performance at a university, as far as his agent knows, according to the BCA March 7 press release.

There has been a space on the BCA website for students to suggest Spring Weekend acts since last semester. "That's the first thing we look at," said Serin Seckin '11, BCA's administrative chair.

"This year, I guess, a lot of the bands that were top of the list were playing Coachella," she added. The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in California is scheduled for the same weekend.

BCA plans to announce the supporting acts next week, Schreiber said, adding that there will be a total of five to seven acts.