Ralanda Nelson '12 will serve as president of the Undergraduate Council of Students next year, announced Anthony White '13, chair of the Elections Board, at 11:59 p.m. Thursday on the steps of Faunce House. Nelson, who is currently the UCS student activities chair, defeated Ben Farber '12, UCS vice president, with 58.7 percent of the vote in the elections that began Tuesday and ended at noon Thursday. A total of 1,584 students voted during the 48-hour period.

"My heart was in it, and I'm really excited that I can do great things for Brown next year, and I'm extremely, extremely humbled," Nelson said.

Congratulating Nelson on the victory, Farber said, "I know that she's going to make an amazing UCS president next year, and I can't express how thankful I am that the campaign went so smoothly and that we have continued to get along so well."

Jason Lee '12, vice chair of the Undergraduate Finance Board, defeated David Chanin '12, a UFB representative, for next year's UFB chair with a slight majority of 52.5 percent.

"I want to thank everyone who supported me," Lee said.

In the only contested race for a UCS committee chair, Mae Cadao '13 was elected next year's student activities chair with 51 percent of the vote. She defeated Daniel Pipkin '14 and Noelle Spencer '14. The three candidates currently serve on the Student Activities Committee under Nelson's leadership.

"I really hope I can follow through on everything, and I'm really excited about the position," Cadao said. "I really want to make big things happen."

Five candidates — Ariel Caldwell '14, Raaj Parekh '13, Chris Catoya '13, Golnoosh Mahdavi '14 and Zac Fischer '13 — were chosen to serve as UFB at-large representatives for next year, leaving three spots unfilled. Jesse Castellanos '13 and Natalie Van Houten '14 did not receive the required 5 percent of the vote for the position.

Only two positions for the Class Coordinating Boards were contested. Brandon Tomasso '13 was elected president for the class of 2013 with 57 percent of the vote, and Kelsey Tripp '13 won the vice president race with 59 percent of the vote.

Most candidates in races for the UCS, UFB and CCB positions were unopposed.

Meera Chappidi '12 and Imani Tisdale '12 will lead the class of 2012 as co-presidents, and Andrew Silverman '14 will serve as president for the class of 2014.

David Rattner '13, UCS campus life chair, will serve as the council's vice president next year. Todd Harris '14, Michael Lin '14 and Michael Schneider '13 will chair the Academic and Administrative Affairs, Admissions and Student Services and Campus Life committees, respectively. Afia Kwakwa '14 will be UCS treasurer and Stephanie Pak '12 will represent the council at Ivy Council.