Chancellor Thomas Tisch '76 announced the 29 members of the two committees responsible for overseeing the search for a new president yesterday in an email to the Brown community.  

Fifteen members of the Corporation join Tisch on the Presidential Selection Committee, which he is chairing.

The Campus Advisory Committee has 13 members and will be chaired by Chung-I Tan, professor of physics. Three undergraduates, a graduate student and a student at Alpert Medical School represent the student body on the advisory committee. Six professors and one representative each from Computing and Information Services and Campus Life and Student Services also sit on the committee. The members of the advisory committee were assigned through a combined effort of six University committees, including the Undergraduate Council of Students, the Faculty Executive Committee and the Staff Advisory Committee.   

Tan said the advisory committee will aim to "get the broadest possible input from the community," though specific plans have not yet been made. He said his committee will speak with members of the community involved in past searches for high-level University administrators and seek their advice.  

"We are starting relatively early, so I think we will have time to examine everything carefully and move forward promptly," Tan said.  

The Corporation hired Spencer Stuart, an executive recruiting firm, to assist in the search process, according to Tisch's email.