The Undergraduate Council of Students selected Nick Tsapakos '13 and Holly Hunt '13 to serve on a recently announced committee that will address issues raised by the proposed UCS constitutional amendment in its general body meeting Wednesday night. Two members of the Undergraduate Finance Board and an unspecified number of community members will also serve on the committee, said David Rattner '13, vice president of UCS. The committee will explore funding concerns and the relationship between the council and the Undergraduate Finance Board.

The executive board chose Hunt prior to the general body meeting to serve as the council's senior member on the committee. The general body then elected Tsapakos to serve as the council's junior member of the committee over Giuliano Marostica '15, Alex Kaplan '14, Alex Sherry '15 and Charlene Flores '15. 

During community time, Matt Breuer '14 and Jenny Li '14 asked the council to consider endorsing a sustainability plan that would quantify the University's environmental goals. Breuer said they are also speaking with administrators and student groups such as emPower and the Brown Outing Club.

They hope to present a report to the Brown University Community Council March 20 proposing the creation of a committee to look into defining specific goals and increasing communication between environmentally-minded groups and activists on campus, Breuer said. 

The council is looking for a location on Pembroke campus where the University could install a printer that would be available to all students at all times, said Michael Lin '14, chair of the academic and administrative affairs committee. He also discussed phasing out the laundry stripe on student IDs,w since students will be able to use Bear Bucks to do laundry beginning next semester. 

UCS is also looking to expand free media services to non-Category III groups, said Daniel Pipkin '14, the UCS-UFB liaison. Currently, Category III student groups do not have to pay for the use of media equipment, and the council hopes to extend this service to other UCS-recognized groups, he said. 

Rattner said the council is working with the Registrar's Office to make waiting lists and official transcripts available online. He also said UCS week will be pushed back a week due to a request from the Office of the President and will now begin March 12.