Daniel Pipkin '14, the liaison between the Undergraduate Council of Students  and the Undergraduate Finance Board, presented a proposed change to the council's code general body meeting. The changes are the result of an investigation conducted by a joint committee tasked with reviewing the relationship between the council and the Undergraduate Finance Board and with determining a better funding structure for the council. 

The two council members on the committee, Holly Hunt '13 and Nick Tsapakos '13, presented their findings last week. The proposed code changes were finalized this week following meetings with UFB and council leaders, Pipkin said.

Few of the changes were modified from what was presented last week, aside from reducing funding for publicity from $100 per event to $25 per event and naming the UFB vice chair as the council's budget representative. The council will vote on the proposed code changes at next week's meeting. 

Kisa Takesue '88, director of the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center and student activities, also attended the meeting to garner student feedback about the campus center. She focused her discussion on the Leung Gallery, addressing the possibility that the room may be used for receptions in the future. 

Some members expressed concern about taking the space away from students, though many said they would support making the room reservable on Fridays and Saturdays. 

Anthony White '13 discussed the council's work on implementing a Student Advocacy Program to assist students in handling issues with the University administration. He said he has looked at similar programs offered at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the University of California at Berkeley and has begun discussing the idea with members of the administration, who he said seemed receptive to the idea.