Punk band Titus Andronicus will perform on Ruth J. Simmons Quadrangle Sept. 15, preceded by opening act TOKiMONSTA, at this year's Fall Concert. The concert will officially be held outside, the Brown Concert Agency announced via its blog Wednesday.
"We bring people that we know will put on a good live show," said Emma Ramadan '13, BCA Booking Chair. "The purpose of the Fall Concert is to reach out to people who can't be catered to in Spring Weekend."
BCA chose these two acts after circulating a poll of five different acts on BlogDailyHerald. Neon Indian and Black Lips came in first and second place, respectively,but after both declined, BCA booked Titus Andronicus, which came in third in the poll.
BCA members selected DJ Jennifer Lee, also known as TOKiMONSTA, for the opening act. Her music is "relentlessly fun experimental electronica," the BCA's blog reads.
Rajan Mittal '13, BCA's administrative chair, said TOKiMONSTA's name came up previously in the group's discussions. TOKiMONSTA has said she wants to play at Brown, Ramadan said.
"We thought it would be a good balance between electrical and punk music," Ramadan said. "It's going to be a really good show."  
"It's the best lineup for the Fall Concert in a while," Mittal said.
BCA's budget for the event was $20,000, but since this year's acts are more expensive, tickets - which were free last year - will cost $12. The ticket revenue will help BCA pay back their production loan to the Undergraduate Finance Board, Ramadan said.
Dana Goplerud '15 said she  listened to Titus Andronicus after Fall Concert's lineup was announced. "I'm super excited," she said. "There are really good bands I've never seen before."
Ticket purchasing will take a different form than previous years, serving as a test run for Spring Weekend's ticketing system. To buy tickets, students click on a link on BCA's blog, after which they will receive a secret code that they can enter on Brown Student Agency's Marketplace site.
Doors open Saturday at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 7:15.

An earlier version of this article incorrectly quoted BCA Booking Chair Emma Ramadan '13 as calling Fall Concert opener TOKiMONSTA a "good balance between electrical and punk music." In fact, Ramadan called the band a "good balance between electronic and punk music." The Herald regrets the error.