The following is an account of crime events that took place last week and this weekend, reported to The Herald by Deputy Chief of Police for the Department of Public Safety Paul Shanley:

Thursday morning

Two students reported an incident in which an unknown individual opened their Emery-Woolley Hall dorm room door while they were sleeping. Both students woke up when they heard the door, at which point the intruder closed the door and left. DPS officers do not know if the intruder intended to enter the room.

Saturday night

Two MacBook laptops were reported stolen from residence hall rooms. The first theft allegedly occurred in Olney House between 6 p.m. and 2 a.m. and the second occurred between 10 p.m. and 12:50 a.m. in Diman House. Neither room was locked.

Other recent events

There have been four reported incidents of larceny in the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center since Oct. 24, the most recent of which on Oct. 29. Items stolen include personal belongings, such as an iPhone that was taken while its owner was playing basketball. The individuals responsible may have entered through the back of the gym, Shanley said. He added that DPS is “working with the OMAC” to apprehend those responsible and raise awareness of the issue to encourage students not to leave their belongings unattended. No suspects have been identified.