A diamond to the first-year who said she is not currently looking for an internship and did not know that CareerLAB was hosting a career fair. If only we could all be so lucky.

Coal to Wendy Schiller, associate professor of political science and public policy, who said of the recent gubernatorial primary poll results, “I think it is always risky to make big generalizations.” It is NEVER risky to generalize.

A diamond to Rep. Edith Ajello, D-Providence, who said of an upcoming bill proposing marijuana legalization, “Most Rhode Island voters agree it is time to end marijuana prohibition and start treating the product like alcohol.” Pot shots on Wriston? Count us in!

Coal to the Undergraduate Council of Students member who said the Department of Facilities Management selected certain buildings for late-night access, because it “wanted to make sure that students using those spaces later at night wouldn’t make them too dirty.” So is that a no to the J. Walter Wilson challenge?

A diamond to the men’s hockey player who said, “I think the biggest thing is just forgetting about what happened. … You can’t change the past.” We’re assuming he then burst into “Let it Go,” Idina-style.

A diamond to Michele Meek, a parent of a Providence Public School District student, who said of busing problems, “If there’s someone at fault here, I blame the mayor’s office.” We normally blame it on the alcohol.

Coal to the sophomore who said, “Dining Services kind of stonewalled me — they wouldn’t give me the time of day.” Was it after 2 a.m.?

Cubic zirconia to the student co-founder of Brown’s CubeSat team who said the team “had limited resources but large imaginations.” That’s what our ex-boyfriends told us too. Emphasis on ex.

A diamond to Andrew Simmons, director of the CareerLAB, who said, “This is just one piece of the overall fabric that we have at Brown for advising.” Must be a pretty small blanket.

A diamond to the state senator who proposed legislation to make Rhode Island-style calamari the state appetizer again after the bill failed to pass last year. Maybe the whole state should just consolidate into one Squid Ward.