Editors' Note: A snapshot of The Herald’s 2018

In 2018, Thayer Street evolved, the 128th editorial board printed their first issue of The Herald and Datamatch circulated through campus. The location of the proposed Performing Arts Center changed, students gathered in solidarity with Parkland victims and Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor came to College Hill. Men’s Basketball hit a buzzer-beating shot against Dartmouth, students danced to Anderson .Paak and the Class of 2018 moved their tassels from right to left.

The Class of 2022 learned to love caffeine and the Ratty, acoustic tones filled the Underground on Thursdays and electric bikes and scooters appeared on every street corner. Students knocked on doors, phone banked and went to the polls (or the Mail Room); the faces of Congress changed. Community members showed support for Christine Blasey Ford and the University commemorated the 1968 black student walkout. Graduate students unionized; and the 128th editorial board printed their 122nd and final issue of The Herald.

Before we embrace the new year, we want to thank you, our readers, for engaging with The Herald in 2018. Below are your most-read stories of the last year:

1. University admits record low 7.2 percent of applicants to Class of 2022

2. Boury ’20: Advocating for ideological diversity at Brown

3. Calvelli ’19: #BCG: Ban Consulting Groups

4. A conversation with John Krasinski ’01

5. University wait list size draws mixed responses

6. Gender dysphoria study faces criticism

7. Gaur ’21 wins ‘Jeopardy!’ Championship

8. Food app Snackpass expands to Providence

9. Students scrutinize legacy-based admission

10. Tales of Brunonian love: decades of on-campus courtship

Now, onward! Happy New Year.

Editors' Notes are written by The Herald’s 129th editorial board: Emily Davies '19.5, Priyanka Podugu '20, Anna Kramer '20, Sarah Wang '20 and Anita Sheih '20.