Letters to the Editor

Letter: Recent editorial too defensive

March 23, 2017 0 comments

As an alum of The Brown Daily Herald who went on to a career in journalism, I think your March 21 editorial, “Toward a better Herald,” is too defensive.

Opinions

Letter: Brown Daily Herald endorsement for UCS/UFB candidates

March 21, 2017 0 comments

We will not be seeking an endorsement from The Brown Daily Herald given The Herald’s history with people of color and marginalized groups on campus.

Letter: ‘Go Bruno’ editorial was timely, but fell short

March 14, 2017 0 comments

It is certainly not too late.

Opinions

Letter: Addressing misrepresentation of HUG faculty from DIAP Annual Report

March 12, 2017 0 comments

The Herald’s article reflected a misunderstanding of Brown’s efforts to diversify its faculty.

Opinions

Letter: You get what you pay for

March 7, 2017 0 comments

To the Editor: Monday’s editorial on Brown sports underscores Bruno’s plight since beginning intercollegiate athletic competition in 1859 with a crew race against Harvard and Yale. In case you hadn’t guessed, we were dead last in the race. Historically, Brown has been cast as the underdog, especially against the so-called […]

Opinions

Letter: John Savage — A true educator

March 1, 2017 0 comments

I particularly enjoyed your profile of Professor of Computer Science John Savage in the Feb. 28 issue.

Opinions

Letter: All historic buildings, spaces should be considered in Performing Arts process

February 27, 2017 0 comments

The potential demolition of the Urban Environmental Lab raises the question of the potential tradeoffs inherent in the placement of the performing arts.

Opinions

Letter: On Brown’s budget

February 21, 2017 0 comments

I appreciate the perspectives shared in Lainie Rowland’s ’17 column (“Questioning the Budget,” Feb. 15) and welcome the opportunity to clarify a few points.

Letter: Response to Geoffrey Stone’s “Free Speech on Campus” Lecture

February 7, 2017 0 comments

To the Editor: Though I was not able to attend “Free Speech on Campus,” the lecture given by Geoffrey Stone, professor of law at the University of Chicago, I looked forward to reading about the community’s response in The Herald. To my dismay, I learned that yet another highly educated […]

Opinions

Letter: “International”: An artificial race

February 6, 2017 0 comments

To the Editor: The problems that Aliosha Bielenberg ’20 addressed in his op-ed are absolutely essential. However, “International” is a race. It is an artificial race created by and for the American federal government to legally persecute, oppress and discriminate against the foreign population. Other names for “international” include stranger, […]