Letters to the Editor

Letter: University prison education initiative needs to re-evaluate purpose

Opinions

September 19, 2018 0 comments

To the Editor: A simple online search reveals that Jeremy Pontbriant, author of a recent Herald op-ed, and the subject of another, is incarcerated until at least 2030 for murder.

Letter: Steele’s appointment is not what it’s cracked up to be

Opinions

September 16, 2018 0 comments

To the Editor: Rebecca Aman’s Sept. 13 column commended the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs for inviting Michael Steele to serve as a faculty fellow and lead student discussion groups this school year.

Letter: Littman’s research is academically irresponsible

Opinions

September 10, 2018 0 comments

To the Editor: I am writing in reference to a Herald article, “Gender dysphoria study criticism,” published Sept. 4.

Opinions

Letter: Don’t rescind honorary degrees

September 6, 2018 0 comments

Self-described “non-donating” alum Nicholas Morley ’13 raised engaging questions about the nature of honorary degrees in a May 18 Herald op-ed entitled “Rescind Junot Díaz’s Honorary Doctorate,” but as a donating alum, I would humbly suggest that the University steer clear of revoking such distinctions.

Opinions

Letter: University’s stand on graduate student unionization

July 19, 2018 0 comments

To the Editor: In late June 2018, the University entered into a pre-election agreement with the campus-based graduate student union group, Stand Up for Graduate Student Employees. This agreement, which followed several months of negotiation, outlines the terms for a possible union representation election among eligible graduate students at Brown, […]

Opinions

Letter: Boycott Shiru Cafe

May 8, 2018 0 comments

This letter was published in The Herald’s Dec. 6 print edition, but was not published online. The letter is published here in its entirety. The Herald regrets the error.  To the Editor: The article “Cafe to connect students with sponsor companies” published in The Herald Dec. 4 described a new cafe which […]

Opinions

Letter: Brown’s room and board charges transparent and low

April 26, 2018 0 comments

We write regarding Rebecca Aman’s April 24 column, “Why is Brown room and board so expensive?”

Opinions

Letter: University committed to Providence student welfare

April 25, 2018 0 comments

I write to correct inaccuracies in Margot Miller’s April 24 letter to the editor.

Opinions

Letter: University more concerned about reputation than impact

April 23, 2018 0 comments

Last month, a letter signed by roughly 200 alums was delivered to Provost Richard Locke P’18 and President Christina Paxson P’19.

Opinions

Letter: Help make the First Readings program better

April 15, 2018 0 comments

I appreciated the proposals included in the April 12 editorial entitled “Reforming the First Readings program.”