Letters to the Editor

Opinions

Letter: Pokanoket land

September 5, 2017 0 comments

I am appealing to President Christina Paxson P’19 and Brown’s leadership to return the 375 acres they currently “own” in Bristol to the Pokanoket tribe.

Opinions

Letter: Save the Indy and other Brown print media

April 24, 2017 0 comments

To the Editor: We write as former College Hill Independent editors and contributors. We were dismayed to learn about looming cuts to the Indy and other campus publications, which could force many outlets to end their printed editions altogether. The Undergraduate Finance Board slashed budgets “out of the blue” and […]

Letter: Response to ‘UFB cuts print funding for student publications’

April 23, 2017 0 comments

I was troubled to read in your April 18 issue that the Undergraduate Finance Board plans to cut funding for many of Brown’s student publications.

Opinions

Letter: Printed publications empower students

April 21, 2017 0 comments

I’m greatly disturbed that the Undergraduate Finance Board has chosen not to provide funding to cover printing expenses for student groups

Opinions

Letter: No reintegration for campus rapists

April 19, 2017 0 comments

I was heartened to read about the number of resources the University has made available for victims of sexual assault in the April 12 article

Opinions

Letter: Response to ‘State of Brown’ address

April 16, 2017 0 comments

It is gratifying to see that the administration is cognizant that issues of diversity apply equally to those who come from outside the United States.

Opinions

Letter: Response to ‘Free speech is not a problem on campuses’

April 11, 2017 0 comments

I am writing to comment on Clare Steinman’s Mar. 17 piece, “Free speech is not the problem on campuses” and to correct some misinformation therein.

Opinions

Setting the record straight on the residency match

April 9, 2017 0 comments

As members of the Med School community in different capacities, we found parts of the article to be misleading and worthy of a more nuanced discussion.

Letter: Recent editorial too defensive

March 23, 2017 0 comments

As an alum of The Brown Daily Herald who went on to a career in journalism, I think your March 21 editorial, “Toward a better Herald,” is too defensive.

Opinions

Letter: Brown Daily Herald endorsement for UCS/UFB candidates

March 21, 2017 0 comments

We will not be seeking an endorsement from The Brown Daily Herald given The Herald’s history with people of color and marginalized groups on campus.