Letters to the Editor

Letter: Strengthening ties between Brown and city

October 21, 2014 0 comments

Our city benefits when talented and civically engaged students live in our neighborhoods and choose to make Providence their home after graduation.

Letter: Beyond Ebola, a more common threat

October 16, 2014 0 comments

So no lame excuses: Just get your shot. Keep an eye on Ebola, but don’t fall prey to the flu!

Letter: Consider a resource-depletion tax

October 14, 2014 0 comments

Why not look back at the idea of a resource-depletion tax applied to all fossil fuels?

Letter: Attack on capitalism misses the mark

October 14, 2014 2 comments

The keys to wealth generation and human progress are the rights to keep what you earn and to trade freely.

U. could move house targeted for demolition

September 25, 2014 4 comments

The option of moving one of the houses, preferably the brick mansion at 37 Manning St., to the corner of Hope and George is a possibility.

Naval War College partnership raises questions

September 23, 2014 0 comments

The University did not want to see uniforms of the military services associated with that discriminating agency walking around campus — have things changed?

Letter: Rhody Fresh letter is misinformed

September 18, 2014 1 comment

In response to Spencer Caplan’s ’15 letter to the editor in Tuesday’s Herald: Brown still does buy all its milk from the Rhody Fresh program.

Letter: Brown should bring back Rhody Fresh

September 16, 2014 4 comments

I was disappointed this weekend to discover that Brown’s tradition of providing Rhody Fresh milk, and only Rhody Fresh milk, to its students had ended.

Letter: TWC’s new name is a poor choice

September 12, 2014 2 comments

The “Brown Center for Students of Color” was, in my opinion, an ill-considered name.

Letter: Campus needs spaces for conversation

September 12, 2014 0 comments

The new Brown Center for Students of Color appears poised to play a significant role in addressing issues of race, social justice and on-campus activism.