Letters to the Editor

Letter: Softball players defend Coach Katie Flynn

April 27, 2015 3 comments

Many current players have experienced a coach who is passionate about softball and has brought out the best in her players through her words and actions.

Letter: Physical evidence not immune to power

April 22, 2015 4 comments

I want to clarify that my position, like yours, is that survivors should seek justice and get rape kits done and allow testing for date-rape drugs.

Letter: ‘Cleaning up’ campus culture

April 7, 2015 0 comments

In a March 18 editorial, The Herald’s editorial page board argued that students’ social media accounts should be cleaned up.

Letter: Mills ’15 and others misunderstand safe spaces

March 31, 2015 150 comments

If they delved with any honest intent into the vast discourse of social justice, they would see how far from the mark they really are.

Letter: The Walk should house the performing arts

March 12, 2015 0 comments

The announcement that we will soon know the proposed site for a new and long overdue performing arts center is welcome news.

Letter: Brown should ban fraternities

March 10, 2015 12 comments

Supporters of these organizations claim that they promote some type of camaraderie among young male college students

Letter: A child left behind

March 5, 2015 1 comment

The recent article “Black R.I. students see high suspension rates” addresses a serious problem that the legislature in this state needs to address now.

Letter: Alcohol policy does not cause issues off campus

February 26, 2015 3 comments

It is not the case that there has been an overall increase in off-campus incidents or that Brown students at large are a disruptive force on College Hill.

Letter: ROTC members welcome but not superior

February 11, 2015 4 comments

The anti-war members of the community ought to welcome ROTC members. They are students like everyone else, excited to engage in the pursuit of knowledge.

Opinions

Letter: Brown has proud history of military service

February 10, 2015 1 comment

In his Feb. 5 column “ROTC: Return of the Criminals,” Peter Makhlouf ’16 made the claim that “Brown has a rich ‘anti-military,’ anti-war history.”