Letters to the Editor

Letter: Brown should protect DACA-status students, staff

November 28, 2016 0 comments

I can’t pretend to know all or any options actually available to students or staff currently at Brown under the DACA program or any other immigrant program.

Letter: Brown should follow Columbia’s lead

November 28, 2016 0 comments

Brown’s decision not to offer legal sanctuary to members of the community who are undocumented immigrants is disheartening to say the least.

Letter: Brown should resist deportation

November 18, 2016 0 comments

To the Editor: Colleges have always been sanctuaries of sorts. But it appears that Brown will not be a sanctuary for those undocumented immigrants.

Letter: Gantz’s letter misses many points

November 17, 2016 0 comments

Both as a Brown alum and as a former managing editor of The Herald, it was with great disappointment that I read Monday’s letter to the editor

Letter: ‘Untitled (Lamp/Bear)’ has never been uglier

November 14, 2016 0 comments

Last month, I wrote a letter to The Herald regarding former Chancellor Thomas Tisch’s defense of the University’s acceptance of the blue bear statue.

Letter: Hermano Fortes feature falls short

November 14, 2016 0 comments

To the Editor: “ Hermano Fortes finds family at hockey rink ” (Nov. 11) is a short-sighted, one-dimensional article that was published carelessly.

Letter: Reading cures homesickness

October 31, 2016 0 comments

I would like to complement Wednesday’s columns (“Esemplare ’18: Reading in the smartphone era,” Oct. 26 and “Johnson ’19: Hiding homesickness,” Oct. 26).

Letter: Opinions section must embrace diversity

October 27, 2016 0 comments

To the Editor: There is a major flaw in Monday’s column “Brown voters can do better” that should be addressed.

Letter: A call for lecturer diversity

October 24, 2016 0 comments

There are many gates at Brown and even more gatekeepers — explicit and implicit — that contribute to the University’s history of institutional racism.

Letter: Brown still committed to undergrad experience

October 19, 2016 0 comments

We have exceptional faculty, a stunning campus and a curriculum that attracts intellectually independent students.