Letters to the Editor

U. could move house targeted for demolition

September 25, 2014 4 comments

The option of moving one of the houses, preferably the brick mansion at 37 Manning St., to the corner of Hope and George is a possibility.

Naval War College partnership raises questions

September 23, 2014 0 comments

The University did not want to see uniforms of the military services associated with that discriminating agency walking around campus — have things changed?

Letter: Rhody Fresh letter is misinformed

September 18, 2014 1 comment

In response to Spencer Caplan’s ’15 letter to the editor in Tuesday’s Herald: Brown still does buy all its milk from the Rhody Fresh program.

Letter: Brown should bring back Rhody Fresh

September 16, 2014 4 comments

I was disappointed this weekend to discover that Brown’s tradition of providing Rhody Fresh milk, and only Rhody Fresh milk, to its students had ended.

Letter: TWC’s new name is a poor choice

September 12, 2014 2 comments

The “Brown Center for Students of Color” was, in my opinion, an ill-considered name.

Letter: Campus needs spaces for conversation

September 12, 2014 0 comments

The new Brown Center for Students of Color appears poised to play a significant role in addressing issues of race, social justice and on-campus activism.

Letter: Editorial on textbooks raises important issue

September 10, 2014 0 comments

In Europe, technical textbooks have often been sold in flexi covers, whereas in the United States, the same books are more likely to be twice the price.

Letter: U. should install geothermal heat pump

September 8, 2014 1 comment

With the planned construction of a new School of Engineering, it is my hope that consideration be given to geothermal heat pump technology.

Confront rape with action, not empty words

April 24, 2014 11 comments

The fact is that Brown’s claim of not tolerating sexual assault is NOT a fact, and we have to address that.

Clarifying Brown Students for Israel’s role

April 24, 2014 0 comments

Brown Students for Israel feels that its values and identity have frequently been misrepresented.