Letters to the Editor

Letter: Rhody Fresh letter is misinformed

September 18, 2014 1 comment

In response to Spencer Caplan’s ’15 letter to the editor in Tuesday’s Herald: Brown still does buy all its milk from the Rhody Fresh program.

Letter: Brown should bring back Rhody Fresh

September 16, 2014 4 comments

I was disappointed this weekend to discover that Brown’s tradition of providing Rhody Fresh milk, and only Rhody Fresh milk, to its students had ended.

Letter: TWC’s new name is a poor choice

September 12, 2014 2 comments

The “Brown Center for Students of Color” was, in my opinion, an ill-considered name.

Letter: Campus needs spaces for conversation

September 12, 2014 0 comments

The new Brown Center for Students of Color appears poised to play a significant role in addressing issues of race, social justice and on-campus activism.

Letter: Editorial on textbooks raises important issue

September 10, 2014 0 comments

In Europe, technical textbooks have often been sold in flexi covers, whereas in the United States, the same books are more likely to be twice the price.

Letter: U. should install geothermal heat pump

September 8, 2014 1 comment

With the planned construction of a new School of Engineering, it is my hope that consideration be given to geothermal heat pump technology.

Confront rape with action, not empty words

April 24, 2014 11 comments

The fact is that Brown’s claim of not tolerating sexual assault is NOT a fact, and we have to address that.

Clarifying Brown Students for Israel’s role

April 24, 2014 0 comments

Brown Students for Israel feels that its values and identity have frequently been misrepresented.

Letter: On train strikes and skipping class

April 18, 2014 2 comments

It was close to finals, there were no make-ups and I was on scholarship. With all that, I felt I had a responsibility to get to class.

Letter: Marijuana Anonymous for Rhode Islanders

April 14, 2014 1 comment

During my college days in the mid-1970s, I was one of those students with a budding alcohol and marijuana problem.