Fall 2010 Student Poll

Fall 2010 Herald poll results

November 5, 2010 0 comments

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Ruth Simmons is handling her job as president of Brown University? Strongly approve: 34.8% Somewhat approve: 39.2% Somewhat disapprove: 4.5% Strongly disapprove: 1.4% Don’t know / No answer: 20.1%

Poll: Three in four approve of Obama

November 5, 2010 0 comments

According to a recent Herald poll, President Obama continues to receive large support from Brown students, with 77.5 percent approving of his job performance as president — 18.5 percent strongly approving and 59 percent somewhat approving. Only about 18 percent of students — 13.3 percent somewhat and 4.6 percent strongly — stated disapproval in the poll, whose results showed that Obama is as favored on campus as he was in last November’s Herald poll.

According to The Herald's poll, 70 percent of students are or were satisfied with their roommate. Natalie Basil, associate director of ResLife, said the student-pairing system focuses heavily on differing sleep schedules.

Just the two of us: most satisfied with freshman roommate

November 16, 2010 0 comments

Brown enrolls over 6,000 undergraduates from across the globe, bringing together a host of people with diverse interests, experiences and ideas. From athletes to mathletes, each year the Office of Residential Life matches up a fresh batch of first years as best it can — with overwhelmingly positive results, according to the The Herald’s poll this semester. About 70 percent of students are or were satisfied with their assigned freshman roommate, with 47.9 percent stating they were very satisfied.