Fall 2012 Student Poll

Poll: Majority of students plan to vote for Obama

October 31, 2012 2 comments

More than 65 percent of students plan to vote for President Obama in next week’s presidential election, according to a Herald poll conducted October 17-18.

Fall 2012 Student Poll Results

October 31, 2012 0 comments

The full results of the Herald fall 2012 student poll.

Poll: Majority plan to vote liberal in home states

November 5, 2012 1 comment

A Herald poll conducted in October found that 65.6 percent of respondents said they planned to vote for President Obama this Tuesday, while 16 percent of students reported that they did not plan to vote, and only 7.1 percent said they planned to support Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Poll: Majority have no opinion on Paxson

November 6, 2012 0 comments

Most students on campus have no opinion on how President Christina Paxson is handling her job in her first year, according to a Herald poll conducted earlier this semester.

Students report faring well in pursuit of happiness

November 7, 2012 0 comments

Nearly 84 percent of students said they feel at least as happy as their peers on average, according to a poll conducted by The Herald earlier this month.

Poll: More than half of students get sufficient sleep

November 9, 2012 0 comments

About 65.5 percent of students sleep six to eight hours a night, according to a poll conducted by The Herald last month.

Poll: Single students have sex, seek relationships

November 11, 2012 6 comments

If Brown were to have a relationship status on Facebook, it would be “single” with no hookups or partners to complicate the situation.

Poll: Four in five undergrads support abortion rights

November 13, 2012 0 comments

More than 80 percent of Brown students believe abortion should be legal in at least the first trimester of a woman’s pregnancy, according to a poll conducted by The Herald last month.

Poll: Majority of students do not cheat

November 14, 2012 1 comment

Almost 40 percent of students reported committing some form of academic dishonesty since coming to Brown, according to The Herald’s biannual poll, conducted last month. 

Poll: Student majority supports U. online course offerings

November 14, 2012 0 comments

About 60 percent of students support the University offering some form of online course option open to the general public or students, according to a poll conducted by The Herald last month. Only 9.3 percent polled said the University should not offer any type of online course.