Spring 2012 Student Poll

Spring 2012 Student Poll Results

April 10, 2012 0 comments

Full poll results and methodology

Poll: Students split on contributions to city

April 10, 2012 0 comments

Students are divided on whether or not the University should give more money to the city of Providence, according to a Herald poll conducted March 12-14. The poll also found that about one third of respondents said they were satisfied with the choice of Christina Paxson as Brown’s 19th president, though around half of those polled said they had no opinion or were not familiar enough to answer. More than one third of students also cited increasing financial aid as the most important issue for Paxson to address.

Nearly four in five students approve of Obama

April 18, 2012 0 comments

The majority of students approve of how President Obama is handling his job, according to a poll conducted by The Herald March 12-14. A total of 78.8 percent of respondents expressed approval, with 16.5 percent expressing strong approval and 62.3 percent stating that they somewhat approved.

Poll finds support for new housing option

April 24, 2012 0 comments

A majority of students believe the University should offer gender-neutral housing for first-year students, according to a Herald poll conducted last month.

Plurality of students apathetic toward Paxson selection

April 26, 2012 0 comments

About 42 percent of students expressed satisfaction with the choice of Christina Paxson as the 19th president of the University in a poll conducted by The Herald last month, though the majority of respondents, about 54 percent, said they had no opinion or were not familiar enough to answer the question. Only 4.3 percent expressed some level of dissatisfaction with the selection.

Poll: Students approve of grad school expansions

April 26, 2012 0 comments

Roughly 70 percent of students approve of the University’s expansion of the medical and graduate schools, the development of executive master’s programs and the creation of a school of public health, according to a Herald poll conducted last month.

In Simmons’ final year, student opinion remains favorable

April 26, 2012 0 comments

In a Herald poll conducted last month, 81 percent of students responded that President Ruth Simmons has contributed to their Brown experience in a positive way. Only two percent of students said Simmons contributed in a negative way.