Topic: Alpert Medical School

To illustrate the impacts of head injuries, Ollin Venegas MD’20 constructed this model of the brain by molding it  from a ballistics gel solution in a skull.

News, Science & Research

Medical student creates 3D brain model

September 6, 2018 0 comments

Neurosurgeons could one day thank Ollin Venegas’ MD’20  presentation to high school students for allowing them to create detailed brain models of their patients.

U. reaches agreement with Partners, Care New England

Metro, News, University News

August 28, 2018 0 comments

The memorandum stated that Brown’s president will sit on the CNE Board of Directors and the dean of the Med School will sit on any subcommittees of the board if the merger goes through.

Op-eds, Opinions

Rivera Perla ’15 MD ’21: Increase undocumented student representation in medicine

April 24, 2018 0 comments

In recent years, American medical schools have publicly committed to enhancing the diversity of their student bodies.

Fellowship tackles racism in medicine

News, University News

Fellowship tackles racism in medicine

April 12, 2018 0 comments

The Brown Advocates for Social Change and Equity fellowship, a program led and supported by the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs at the Alpert Medical School, is in its inaugural year.

Med school students match with primary care, specialty residencies

News, University News

March 20, 2018 0 comments

Over 99 percent of fourth-year Alpert Medical School students matched to residency programs March 16. Of 118 students, 117 were accepted into a wide range of programs, varying from family medicine to obstetrics and gynecology to surgery, said Associate Dean for Medical Education Allan Tunkel.

Former Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics Jerrold Rosenberg was paid to encourage health care providers to prescribe Subsys, a highly addictive opioid, at his private practice despite known risks.

News, University News

Former professor sentenced to 51 months

March 14, 2018 0 comments

Former Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics Jerrold Rosenberg was sentenced to 51 months in prison Friday for health care fraud and for receiving kickbacks from Insys Therapeutics in return for prescribing Subsys — a highly addictive opioid — to his patients.

Panelists stressed the importance of decreasing the accessibility of opioids and destigmatizing addiction at the Medical School Thursday night.

News, University News

University researchers discuss opioid crisis

February 9, 2018 0 comments

The Brown Medical Association held a panel to discuss how to better train doctors and medical professionals to prevent opioid addiction and treat those suffering from the epidemic Thursday night at the Alpert Medical School. 

New Med School program educates students on opioid addiction

News, Science & Research, University News

September 20, 2017 0 comments

Amid the statewide and nationwide opioid epidemic, the Alpert Medical School is shaping its curriculum to prepare students to treat opioid misuse disorder.

Med students find success on Match Day

News, University News

Med students find success on Match Day

April 4, 2017 0 comments

On March 17, fourth-year medical students at the Alpert Medical School found out where they would begin their careers.

Med School programs provide assistance for refugees

News, University News

March 7, 2017 0 comments

The Alpert Medical School community is taking steps to provide resources and care for refugee children in Rhode Island.