Topic: Arts and Culture Roundup

Arts and Culture Roundup, Oct. 10

Arts & Culture

Arts and Culture Roundup, Oct. 10

October 10, 2019 0 comments

Last night, Akua Naru, hip-hop artist and Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America artist-in-residence, invited students to participate in a lyrics workshop, where she spoke about her own writing process and helped them brainstorm techniques for songwriting.

Arts and Culture Roundup, Sept. 20

Arts & Culture

Arts and Culture Roundup, Sept. 20

September 20, 2019 0 comments

The Bell Gallery appointed Kate Kraczon as its new curator August 1. She will manage the educational programs out of the gallery and will oversee “conceptualization and implementation” of the rotating exhibits, according to the Brown Arts Initiative press release.

“¿Se Aculilló? | La sutura tierna” is the third installment of an exhibition series that will appear at both the Granoff Center for the Creative Arts on campus and in the Resident Gallery at AS220 in downtown Providence.

Arts & Culture

Arts & Culture Roundup, Sept. 18

September 17, 2018 0 comments

The next iteration of the storied Point Street Readings series, headed and curated by bibliophile and Providence radio DJ Robin Kall, will take place at the Alchemy bookstore tonight.

Arts & Culture

Arts and Culture Roundup, April 4

April 3, 2018 0 comments

Ivy Film Festival 2018 The Ivy Film Festival, one of the nation’s largest student-organized annual film festivals, will launch its 17th installment Monday. The keynote event will take place April 9 in Salomon 101 from 6 to 8 p.m. and will consist of a screening of “#TAKEMEANYWHERE” and an accompanying […]

Arts & Culture

Arts & Culture Roundup: Oct. 26, 2016

October 26, 2016 0 comments

A Night with Clint Smith; Queer Alliance Movie Night; Reading: Novelist Alexandra Kleeman; Dia D