Topic: arts and culture

“Upon looking more deeply, one sees anguish and frustration” in Díaz’s work, said Steven Bloomfield, associate director of the Watson Institute.

Arts & Culture

Exhibit explores migration, displacement

April 8, 2018 0 comments

A distinctive combination of visual metaphors, color and depth underlies the “Silenced Voices” exhibition, which is currently on display at The Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs.

Arts & Culture

Arts and Culture Roundup, April 4

April 3, 2018 0 comments

Ivy Film Festival 2018 The Ivy Film Festival, one of the nation’s largest student-organized annual film festivals, will launch its 17th installment Monday. The keynote event will take place April 9 in Salomon 101 from 6 to 8 p.m. and will consist of a screening of “#TAKEMEANYWHERE” and an accompanying […]

Shakespeare on the Green’s 2017 rendition of “Macbeth” brings a modern twist to the classic play, setting it during the McCarthy era.

Arts & Culture

Shakespeare on the Green presents ‘Macbeth’

October 12, 2017 0 comments

For their fall play this year, Shakespeare on the Green will present a rendition of Shakespeare’s famous “Macbeth.”

“Topographies of Wonder” highlights beautiful aesthetics, multiculturalism

Arts & Culture

October 12, 2017 0 comments

Watercolorist Keren Kroul’s exhibition “Topographies of Wonder” first made its home at Granoff Center for the Creative Arts last Thursday.

Arts & Culture

Pembroke field to be transformed into dance floor for annual event

October 11, 2017 0 comments

Saturday evening, after parents retire for the night, Pembroke Field will transform into a dance floor.

Family Weekend tradition steeped in food, arts, culture

Arts & Culture

October 11, 2017 0 comments

Unseasonably warm weather and a tightly-packed schedule featuring sports, theater, food and more will greet families visiting Providence this weekend.

Columns, Opinions

Johnson ’19: Art versus the ‘Art of the Deal’

February 21, 2017 0 comments

In anticipation of the Oscars this weekend, we can look back at a film and music awards season that was one of the most politicized in recent memory.