Topic: At the Table

Arts & Culture

At the table with Feng Ai Ding

December 5, 2014 1 comment

Since its opening in September, Yan’s Cuisine has become College Hill’s spot for authentic Chinese food.

Experienced restaurant owner Susan Alper frequently draws on her past successes and mishaps to shape Clean Plate’s ever-changing menu.

Arts & Culture

At the table with Susan Alper

November 21, 2014 0 comments

A self-described “passionate lunatic about food,” Susan Alper spoke with The Herald to share the sources of her enthusiasm for the kitchen.

Arts & Culture

At the table with Brandt Heckert

November 14, 2014 0 comments

The word “Pastiche” belies a mix — a hodgepodge of sorts — and makes an appropriate appellation for the Federal Hill bakery.

The Federicos, founders of Narragansett Creamery, take pride in producing local dairy products, including yogurt, cheese and spreads.

Arts & Culture

At the table with Mark and Pattie Federico

November 7, 2014 0 comments

“It’s a labor of love,” said Mark Federico, who, along with his wife Pattie, owns Narragansett Creamery.

Hummus makes a healthy snack, and it comprises ingredients that can be easily found at any dining hall, such as lemon juice and olive oil. Salted Slate’s recipe for the spread is fairly simple for those off meal plan.

Arts & Culture

At the table with Ben Lloyd

October 17, 2014 0 comments

Chef and owner of one of Wayland Square’s Salted Slate Ben Lloyd works 95-hour weeks, alongside a dedicated staff, to bring food dreams to life.

Mama Kim’s Don Fecher says this mixed vegetable fried rice dish, made with college students in mind, offers both flavor and convenience.

Arts & Culture

At the table with Don Fecher

October 10, 2014 0 comments

Don Fecher, owner of the Thayer Street mainstay Mama Kim’s Korean BBQ, got his start in the industry at 14 working as a prep cook at an Italian restaurant.

Through care and attention in her cooking, Duskin aims to provide restaurant-goers with healthy options without sacrificing taste.

Arts & Culture

At the table with Cara Marie Duskin

October 3, 2014 0 comments

Executive chef for Lola’s Cantina sits down with The Herald to discuss her food philosophy and share a dorm-ready Mexican recipe.