Topic: Athlete of the Week

Abby Carchio ’20 finished her season by receiving All-Ivy Honors for the second consecutive year and leading the Ivy League in scoring.

Sports

Carchio ’20 powers women’s soccer to 3-0 win over Yale

November 9, 2018 0 comments

Abby Carchio ’20 scored one goal and notched two assists in the women’s soccer team’s 3-0 win over Yale last Sunday. Those four points on Senior Day raised her season total to 28 and helped her lead the Ivy League in scoring.

This past weekend, field hockey goalkeeper Katie Hammaker ’19 recorded 14 saves in a loss to Penn and 13 saves in a win over Villanova University.

Sports

Goalie Hammaker ’19 posts impressive weekend in net

October 31, 2018 0 comments

The field hockey team traveled to Philadelphia last weekend, falling to Penn 1-0 and defeating Villanova University 3-1. Katie Hammaker ’19 starred in net for the Bears and recorded 14 saves in the loss and 13 in the victory.

Calla Isaac ’20 (left) and Lizzy Gross ’22 (right) delivered impressive performances on the ice last weekend against Holy Cross.

Sports

Gross, Isaac stand out in opening weekend

October 26, 2018 0 comments

The women’s hockey team opened its season in formidable fashion with a series sweep over the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Carleen Jeffers ’19 posted a 20 minute, 53 second six-kilometer run at the Penn State National Open last weekend.

Sports

Jeffers ’19 leads cross country to strong finish

October 19, 2018 0 comments

Carleen Jeffers ’19 led women’s cross country to a seventh place team finish out of 28 squads last weekend at the Penn State National Open.

Travis Bouscaren ’19 recorded six goals, three assists and three steals last week and was named Brown’s Student-Athlete of the Week.

Sports

Bouscaren ’19 helps water polo earn critical victories

October 12, 2018 0 comments

The men’s water polo team earned three crucial victories last week, beating Harvard 11-9 and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology 11-10 in a double-header before defeating Princeton 11-10.

Gabrielle Moriconi ’21 led women’s volleyball to a comeback victory against Penn. Moriconi recorded double-digit kills for the sixth time this season.

Sports

Moriconi ’21 leads Bears to comeback victory over Penn

October 4, 2018 0 comments

Down two sets to none against Penn last weekend, the women’s volleyball team needed a spark. The Bears found it in outside hitter Gabrielle Moriconi ’21, who led Bruno to a 3-2 victory with 16 kills, six digs and four blocks. A native of Naples, Florida, Moriconi has recorded double-digit […]

The Bear’s matchup against previously undefeated URI ended in victory.  URI had not conceded a goal in six games or lost a contest all season.

Sports

Chow ’20 nets double overtime game-winner

September 27, 2018 0 comments

As of last weekend, the University of Rhode Island men’s soccer team had not given up a goal in six games or lost a contest all season. That is, until Brown midfielder Matthew Chow ’20 came along.

The men’s water polo team defeated Connecticut College and Austin College during their undefeated road trip before conference play.

Sports

Penner ’22 powers water polo to four wins

September 20, 2018 0 comments

Andrew Penner ’22 is a first-year on the men’s water polo team, and he just wrapped up Brown’s last stretch before conference play with six goals in three games.

Rebecca Rosen ’22 recorded a total of three goals when the women’s soccer team faced the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Sports

Rosen ’22 heads in overtime game-winner

September 13, 2018 0 comments

Rebecca Rosen ’22 is a rookie on the women’s soccer team, but she played like a true veteran against the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Anna Seto '18 placed in the top two at the Zone 1 Finals in the intermediate flat and intermediate fences divisions at Mount Holyoke College.

Sports

Seto ’18 earns second bid to Nationals

April 13, 2018 0 comments

Anna Seto ’18 delivered a strong performance for the equestrian team Saturday, collecting a pair of top two finishes in the Zone 1 Finals at Mount Holyoke College and qualifying for the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association National Championships.