Topic: Athlete of the Week

The men’s water polo team defeated Connecticut College and Austin College during their undefeated road trip before conference play.

Sports

Penner ’22 powers water polo to four wins

September 20, 2018 0 comments

Andrew Penner ’22 is a first-year on the men’s water polo team, and he just wrapped up Brown’s last stretch before conference play with six goals in three games.

Rebecca Rosen ’22 recorded a total of three goals when the women’s soccer team faced the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Sports

Rosen ’22 heads in overtime game-winner

September 13, 2018 0 comments

Rebecca Rosen ’22 is a rookie on the women’s soccer team, but she played like a true veteran against the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Anna Seto '18 placed in the top two at the Zone 1 Finals in the intermediate flat and intermediate fences divisions at Mount Holyoke College.

Sports

Seto ’18 earns second bid to Nationals

April 13, 2018 0 comments

Anna Seto ’18 delivered a strong performance for the equestrian team Saturday, collecting a pair of top two finishes in the Zone 1 Finals at Mount Holyoke College and qualifying for the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association National Championships.

Emily Waters ’20 powered the Bears to a 4-0 victory against the Penn Quakers to give Brown its second conference win of the season.

Sports

Waters ’20 pitches game shutout

April 5, 2018 0 comments

The softball team won its second conference game of the season last weekend, earning a 4-0 victory against Penn at home.

Alyza Benotto ‘18 broke a month-long drought for the tennis team last weekend. She hopes to go to the NCAA championships this season.

Sports

Alyza Benotto ’18 leads tennis to victory

March 23, 2018 0 comments

Before notching a 6-1 victory over Stony Brook University, the women’s tennis team (6-7) had not won a match in a month. But the Bears broke the drought Saturday as Alyza Benotto ’18 contributed two points to the team score and helped put Bruno on top.

Luke McCaleb ‘20 brought the lacrosse team to a 12-9 win last weekend.He plays as both an attacker and a midfielder for Bruno.

Sports

McCaleb ’20 clinches men’s lacrosse victory

March 15, 2018 0 comments

The men’s lacrosse team earned a critical upset victory on the road last weekend against the fourth-ranked team in the nation, Villanova University.

With his second straight bid, CJ LaFragola ‘19 will be one of three students representing the University wrestling team at the NCAA Championships. Justin Staudenmayer ’18 and Jon Viruet ’19 will also be competing.

Sports

LaFragola ’19 wins second NCAA bid

March 8, 2018 0 comments

Last year, CJ LaFragola ’19 had to wait to receive an at-large bid to the 2017 NCAA Championships.

Dominique Leonidas ‘21 scored a career-high 21 points against Harvard Friday night.  In the future, she hopes to win the Ivy League Championship.

Sports

Leonidas ’21 named Ivy Rookie of the Week

February 23, 2018 0 comments

Dominique Leonidas ’21 has been red-hot for the women’s basketball team lately.

Martin Martinez ’18 became one of the 510 Americans who can run a sub-four minute mile on Saturday, breaking Brown’s outdoor track record.

Sports

Martinez ’18 breaks four-minute mile barrier

February 15, 2018 0 comments

Most people can remember running a timed mile in gym class, but few can fathom what it would be like to cover the distance in under four minutes.

Desmond Cambridge '21 helped bring the Bears to victory and hopes to win Ivy League Rookie of the Year and the Ivy League Championship.

Sports

Cambridge ’21 knocks in two game-winners

February 9, 2018 0 comments

Desmond Cambridge ’21 may be just a freshman, but his stand-out performances this season have earned the men’s basketball team three much-needed wins against Ivy League rivals. He scored a total of 62 points in two games this weekend, three of which came on a game-winning shot with just four […]