Topic: Athlete of the Week

Sam Donovan ’18 helped Brown to its first win of the season Saturday against Sacred Heart. She led the team in shooting percentage last year.

Sam Donovan ’18 lifts Bears to first win with hat trick

November 20, 2015 0 comments

When the women’s hockey team lost its first six games by a combined score of 24-2, team morale was low. But Sam Donovan ’18 would have none of it.

Alisa Berg ’16 had a spectacular debut in the intermediate fences division on her way to a crucial first-place finish at the URI IHSA Show Saturday.

Athlete of the week: Berg ’16 catapults equestrian to second-place finish

November 13, 2015 0 comments

Berg treats horseback riding as a mix of art and sport.

Christine Etzel ’19 has taken the net and made it hers in an impressive rookie campaign during which she has recorded five shutouts.

Athlete of the week: Etzel ’19 goes for shutout mark in final game of season

November 6, 2015 0 comments

In the history of Brown women’s soccer, only five goalies have recorded six shutouts in a season. Christine Etzel ’19 has the chance to become the sixth.

The Ivy League rewarded Johnny Pena ’17 with a spot on its weekly honor roll after the sophomore rolled over Cornell for a 44-24 Brown victory.

Athlete of the week: Pena ’17 runs right past Cornell in four-touchdown effort

October 30, 2015 0 comments

Saturday afternoon, Johnny Pena ’17 put himself in rarefied air.

Yahel Murvitz-Lahav ’17 is a member of the Israeli National Water Polo team. Last year, he was the second-highest scoring player on the team, and he leads the team with 24 goals so far this season.

Athlete of the week: Murvitz-Lahav ’17 leads Bears over Dartmouth, Harvard to claim Ivy title

October 23, 2015 0 comments

With an undefeated conference record and just three losses overall, the men’s water polo team traveled to Princeton to participate in the Ivy Championships.

Carly Gould ’17 scored two times in the first 10 minutes of the first half  before completing her first career hat-trick late in the frame.

Athlete of the week: Gould ’17 nets first-half hat trick in impressive win over Marist

October 16, 2015 0 comments

Gould shredded the defense in Bruno’s 4-0 thrashing of the Red Foxes Monday, netting all three of her tallies in the first half.

Alex Jette ’17, who has made a seamless transition from electrifying All-Ivy punt returner to wide receiver, scored two touchdowns against URI.

Athlete of the week: Jette ’17 scores game-winning touchdown

October 9, 2015 0 comments

After struggling to generate enough offense in its first two games, the football team was finally able to notch its first victory of the season Saturday against the University of Rhode Island. The game marked the 100th meeting between the Bears and their Ocean State rivals, with the winner claiming […]

Middle blocker Peyton Smith ’17 has been instrumental to her team so far this season.

Athlete of the week: Smith ’17 garners MVP, Ivy League honors

September 25, 2015 0 comments

Payton Smith ’17 has been instrumental to the volleyball team’s efforts so far this season, and the middle blocker was particularly prolific last weekend.

Athlete of the week: Hagstrom ’19 shines with impressive defensive effort for soccer

September 18, 2015 0 comments

Brown (3-0) held its own against PC, and the squad currently boasts an undefeated record. Rookie Jack Hagstrom ’19 has been crucial to the team’s efforts.

The first-year left-hander has had impressive performances against nonconference and conference foes but has yet to get her first Ivy win.

Athlete of the week: Orona ’18 garners Ivy Co-Rookie of Week honors

April 3, 2015 0 comments

Though the past week may not have resulted in the most desirable final scores for the women’s softball team, pitcher Katie Orona ’18 continued to impress.