Topic: Athlete of the Week

Alex Jette ’17, who has made a seamless transition from electrifying All-Ivy punt returner to wide receiver, scored two touchdowns against URI.

Athlete of the week: Jette ’17 scores game-winning touchdown

October 9, 2015 0 comments

After struggling to generate enough offense in its first two games, the football team was finally able to notch its first victory of the season Saturday against the University of Rhode Island. The game marked the 100th meeting between the Bears and their Ocean State rivals, with the winner claiming […]

Middle blocker Peyton Smith ’17 has been instrumental to her team so far this season.

Athlete of the week: Smith ’17 garners MVP, Ivy League honors

September 25, 2015 0 comments

Payton Smith ’17 has been instrumental to the volleyball team’s efforts so far this season, and the middle blocker was particularly prolific last weekend.

Athlete of the week: Hagstrom ’19 shines with impressive defensive effort for soccer

September 18, 2015 0 comments

Brown (3-0) held its own against PC, and the squad currently boasts an undefeated record. Rookie Jack Hagstrom ’19 has been crucial to the team’s efforts.

The first-year left-hander has had impressive performances against nonconference and conference foes but has yet to get her first Ivy win.

Athlete of the week: Orona ’18 garners Ivy Co-Rookie of Week honors

April 3, 2015 0 comments

Though the past week may not have resulted in the most desirable final scores for the women’s softball team, pitcher Katie Orona ’18 continued to impress.

Larken Kemp ’17 and Brown’s defense have been crucial to the Bears’ success so far, though Dylan Molloy ’17 and Bruno’s offense have gotten all of the attention. The sophomore was named the Ivy Co-Player of the Week and the USILA National Defensive Player of the Week.

Athlete of the week: Larken Kemp ’17 anchors men’s lacrosse’s stubborn defense

March 20, 2015 0 comments

The men’s lacrosse team started the season red-hot, rattling off a five-game winning streak which was capped off by a stellar 14-9 victory over Harvard.

Athlete of the week: Ernst ’17 earns honor of ECAC Goalie of the Month

March 6, 2015 0 comments

It was a tumultuous three months for the men’s hockey team, which started the season 4-16-1 and seemed to be destined to live in the ECAC cellar. But in February, the team found its form, ripping off four straight wins and a six-game unbeaten streak. At the center of this […]

Gina Matsumoto ’16 is setting the pool on fire: The junior has rewritten the Brown record book in the 200-meter butterfly and the 400-meter individual medley and hopes to help the Bears to a better Ivy finish next year.

Matsumoto ’16 breaks school record in 400m individual medley

February 27, 2015 0 comments

After 17 years, a new name will be slotted into the record book for the 400-meter individual medley.

The world is this Pearl’s oyster: after being awarded the ECSC MacConnell Division’s finest honor, Natalie Pearl’17 hopes to send Brown to Nationals.

Athlete of the week: Natalie Pearl ’17 named ECSC MacConnell Division Skier of the Year

February 20, 2015 0 comments

Recently named the ECSC MacConnell Division Skier of the Year for the second year in a row, Natalie Pearl ’17 has been a major contributor to the ski team.

Lappin’s ’16 goal lifts men’s hockey over Harvard

February 13, 2015 0 comments

Thanks in large part to Nick Lappin ’16, the Bears turned in their best performance of the year, taking down the Crimson by a final score of 2-1.

Ned Willig ’16 — who realized a passion for running in middle school — hopes to make it to regionals and nationals in the spring.

Athlete of the week: Willig ’16 enters Brown, Ivy record books in 1,000 and 4×400

February 6, 2015 1 comment

The track and field season is just underway, but Ned Willig ’16 has wasted no time breaking into the record books.