Topic: Athlete of the Week

Hannah Butler ’21 was one of three Brown women to place in the top four in the Maribel Sanchez Southern Invitational cross country race.

Sports

Butler ’21 wins season’s first XC race

September 13, 2019 0 comments

Hannah Butler ’21 started her cross-country season with a flash, winning the six-kilometer Maribel Sanchez Souther Invitational at a time of 21:58.74. The first-place finish marked the first collegiate victory of Butler’s career.

In a dominating victory against Long Island University, first-year Mahdia Parker lead the Women’s Rugby Saturday.

Sports

Parker ’23 paces offense to win rugby home opener 60-19

September 6, 2019 0 comments

Mahdia Parker ’23 has arrived from Harlem with a bang, scoring three tries as an outside center in her first collegiate rugby appearance and leading the Bears to a 60-19 victory over Long Island University Saturday.

Mei Li Costa ’22 won the uneven bars at the 2019 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate National Championships.

Sports

Costa ’22 wins national bars title

April 19, 2019 0 comments

Mei Li Costa ’22 took home the national bars title at the 2019 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate National Championships Sunday, earning a winning score of 9.8500 in the finals after tying Brown’s all-time bars record with a score of 9.900 in preliminaries.

Tomlinson ’20 earned his first win of the season as he allowed just two runs in seven innings in Brown’s 7-3 victory over Cornell Sunday.

Sports

Tomlinson ’20 leads baseball to sweep over Cornell

April 12, 2019 0 comments

With an ERA of 3.43 going into the season, right-handed pitcher Will Tomlinson ’20 (1-3) is proving to be a core asset to the Brown baseball program. He led the Bears (8-18, 5-4 Ivy) in a sweep of Cornell at an away series over the weekend.

Masood, a two time NCAA Championships qualifier and captain of Brown’s men’s fencing team, closed out his college career with a 93.33 win percentage and 28-2 record. He was previously NFC’s Men’s Rookie of the Year in 2016 and has won All-Ivy honors. For his performances this season, Masood has been named The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.

Sports

Masood ’19 wins First Team Men’s Foil to close out college career

April 5, 2019 0 comments

Fencing Captain Umar Masood ’19 took home First Team Men’s Foil with a 93.33 win percentage and a 28-2 record to close out his college career Saturday.

Co-captain Tommy Marchin ’19 leads the men’s hockey team with 26 points this season and was recently awarded Second Team All-Ivy honors. The Bears will take on Cornell in the ECAC semifinals this afternoon in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Sports

Marchin ’19 fuels Bears to victory over No. 5 Quinnipiac in Quarterfinals

March 22, 2019 0 comments

For the first time since the 2012-13 season, the men’s hockey team advanced to the semifinals of the ECAC Tournament following a series sweep over No. 5 Quinnipiac University last weekend.

Madi Cranford ’21 collected seven hits and four RBI during Brown’s undefeated weekend. Bruno next takes the plate at the University of South Florida Invitational against Colgate University.

Sports

Cranford ’21 slugs softball team to 3-0 week

March 15, 2019 0 comments

Catcher Madi Cranford ’21 has kicked off her sophomore softball season with a bang, going 14-18 at the plate in Brown’s first seven games. This past week, she led the Bears to a perfect 3-0 record at the North Carolina A&T Aggie Invitational, racking up seven hits and four RBI in the tournament.

Katie Klein ’22, who is leading women’s water polo with 29 goals, helped the team to victory at the Harvard Invitational tournament on Sunday. Bruno defeated the Golden Knights 11-5.

Sports

Klein ’22 leads Bears to victory over Golden Knights

March 8, 2019 0 comments

Last Sunday, the women’s water polo team faced Gannon University at the Harvard Invitational tournament in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Anderson scored 13 points against Harvard and a career-high of 21 points against Dartmouth, aiding in the Bears’ victories over both schools.

Sports

Anderson ’20 leads Bears to dual victories

March 1, 2019 0 comments

Last weekend, the men’s basketball team downed Harvard (14-9, 7-3 Ivy) and Dartmouth (11-15, 2-8) in a pair of nail-biting clashes at the Pizzitola Sports Center, earning its first Ivy weekend sweep since 2014. Brandon Anderson ’20 led the team in scoring with a career-high 21 points in the victory […]

Mosenthal was awarded second team All-Ivy honors last season.

Sports

Mosenthal ’21 leads lacrosse to weekend win

February 22, 2019 0 comments

The women’s lacrosse team opened its season Saturday at home with a 16-9 victory against Quinnipiac University, led by the formidable offense of Risa Mosenthal ’21. Mosenthal, an attacker from Campton, New Hampshire, scored eight goals in the matchup, tying a program record for the most goals scored in a single game.