Topic: Athlete of the Week

Sports

Alexander ’16 lights up scoreboard, obliterates career-high

November 21, 2014 0 comments

For her impactful and game-winning performance and new career-high, The Herald has named Jordin Alexander ’16 Athlete of the Week.

Kiki Morgan ’16 switched from track to rugby as a first-year. Morgan has been named to USA Rugby’s All-American team twice.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Morgan ’16 demolishes defenses, leads women’s rugby to Ivy championship

November 7, 2014 0 comments

Kiki Morgan ’16 has been a lethal weapon for women’s rugby all season, proving instrumental in the squad’s first varsity season.

Fuller ’15 set career marks in passing yards, attempts and completions.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Captain Fuller ’15 fuels offense with prolific aerial attack

October 24, 2014 0 comments

During Saturday’s contest at Princeton, football captain Marcus Fuller ’15 made history, doing something nobody in Ivy League history had done before.

Wide receiver Brian Strachan ’15 had eight catches for 98 yards and three touchdowns during Saturday’s game against the College of the Holy Cross, quadrupling his career touchdown total.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Strachan ’15 catches three touchdowns in double OT win

October 17, 2014 0 comments

For his efforts in Bruno’s second victory of the year, Strachan has been named The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.

Athlete of the week: Captain Maurey ’15.5 ends four-game scoring drought

Sports

October 10, 2014 0 comments

After going 430 minutes without a goal, the men’s soccer team has forward Ben Maurey ’and his late-game heroics to thank for its 1-0 victory over Columbia.

Mikela Waldman ’18 started playing soccer in kindergarten. Twelve years later, she shines as one of Bruno’s starting strikers.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: First-year phenom delivers late-game heroics to stun St. John’s

September 12, 2014 0 comments

Mikela Waldman ’18 let neither nerves nor inexperience get to her in her first collegiate game.

Dave St. Lawrence ’15

Sports

Athlete of the Week: St. Lawrence ’15 throws seven-inning gem, holds off Crimson

April 18, 2014 0 comments

Following in the footsteps of fellow teammate Christian Taugner ’17, St. Lawrence was named Ivy League Pitcher of the Week.

A former Brown coach told Ophir Bernstein ’15 on his campus visit that he could be an All-American. Last weekend, Bernstein proved him right.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Bernstein ’15 caps impressive season with All-American honor

April 4, 2014 0 comments

Bernstein pushed his season win total to 36, the second-highest in program history.

First-year phenom Caroline Morant ’17 has taken home five ECAC Rookie of the Week awards this season. Last weekend, she took home first place in both the beam and the floor exercise, which is her favorite event.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Morant ’17 dazzles on floor and beam, setting personal best

March 21, 2014 0 comments

For her stellar performance and growing pile of hardware, The Herald has named Caroline Morant the Athlete of the Week.

Bre Hudgins ’14 leads Bruno with 15 goals this season. Last weekend, the senior scored an overtime goal to lift the Bears over Princeton.

Athlete of the Week: Hudgins ’14 stuns No. 16 Tigers with game-winner

March 14, 2014 0 comments

For her late-game heroics and leadership role on an undefeated squad, The Herald has selected Hudgins as the Athlete of the Week.