Topic: Athlete of the Week

Shayna Mehta ’19 shone in Sunday’s game versus Binghamton, but she praised her teammates’ performances, crediting them with the win.

Sports

Mehta ’19 powers women’s basketball over Binghamton with career performance

December 2, 2016 0 comments

Heading into its weekend competition against Binghamton Sunday, the women’s basketball team was looking to end a three-game losing streak.

Steven Spieth ’17 lifted Brown to its first win of the season Sunday, a 88-79 triumph over Niagara. Spieth was just one assist shy of a triple-double in the win and is averaging 19 points per game early in the season.

Sports

Spieth ’17 flirts with triple-double in win over Niagara

November 18, 2016 0 comments

After a tough loss against Cincinnati Friday, the men’s basketball team (1-2) looked to bounce back against the Niagara Purple Eagles (0-3) at home Sunday.

Will Cross ’16.5 scored twice for the Bears as the team led the Bulldogs in both shots on goal and corner kick opportunities.

Sports

Will Cross ’16.5 powers men’s soccer past Yale in two-goal performance

November 11, 2016 0 comments

With only two games left in the 2016 season, the men’s soccer team headed into its Saturday evening matchup against Yale occupying the fifth spot.

Taylor Worthy ’17 finished the six-kilometer course at Princeton’s West Windsor Fields last weekend in 20:37.8, a personal record. The senior had finished in eighth place at the Battle of the Beantown earlier in the season and will now compete in New York at the NCAA Northeast Regional.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Worthy ’17 earns All-Ivy distinction at Ivy Championships

November 4, 2016 0 comments

The men’s and women’s cross country teams competed against Ancient Eight foes at the Ivy League Heptagonal Championships at Princeton’s West Windsor Fields.

Alex Jette ’17 carries the ball down the field. Jette will be a key weapon for Brown on offense and on special teams as the Bears attempt to improve on their 1-2 Ivy League record in this weekend’s matchup against Penn.

Sports

Three-touchdown effort from Jette ’17 pushes football past Cornell

October 28, 2016 0 comments

After the men’s football team took a 14-0 lead nearing the end of the third quarter against Cornell Saturday, the win seemed all but assured.

Tommy Bush ’18 prepares to shoot on the opposing defense. Brown continues its season this weekend at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational.

Sports

Five-goal game from Bush ’18 pushes water polo past Toronto

October 21, 2016 0 comments

The No. 11 men’s water polo team will head into tournament play at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational this weekend on a roll.

AOTW: Chow ’19 lifts Bears over Rhode Island in overtime

News, University News

September 30, 2016 0 comments

The men’s soccer team hoped to take the win over local rival University of Rhode Island Saturday to build momentum heading into a very important week.

Kyle Moreno ’17 looks for an open receiver to make a pass. Voted one of the team captains this season, the quarterback proved his leadership skills, as he was involved in all five of the team’s touchdowns against Bryant.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Moreno ’17 fuels game-saving rally over Bryant in season opener

September 23, 2016 0 comments

After a grueling pre-season, the men’s football team finally took to the field Saturday against Bryant ready to put it all to the test.

Athlete of the Week: Etzel ’19 saves the day with late-game penalty kick stop

Sports

September 16, 2016 0 comments

For anyone who thought a brand new coaching staff and team would slow women’s soccer, the team’s start to the season will have been a pleasant surprise.

Athlete of the Week: Jones ’16 ends career with 12th-place finish at nationals

Sports

April 8, 2016 0 comments

Simon Jones ’16 is not quite ready to leave the Brown fencing program.