Topic: Athlete of the Week

Mikela Waldman ’18 started playing soccer in kindergarten. Twelve years later, she shines as one of Bruno’s starting strikers.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: First-year phenom delivers late-game heroics to stun St. John’s

September 12, 2014 0 comments

Mikela Waldman ’18 let neither nerves nor inexperience get to her in her first collegiate game.

Dave St. Lawrence ’15

Sports

Athlete of the Week: St. Lawrence ’15 throws seven-inning gem, holds off Crimson

April 18, 2014 0 comments

Following in the footsteps of fellow teammate Christian Taugner ’17, St. Lawrence was named Ivy League Pitcher of the Week.

A former Brown coach told Ophir Bernstein ’15 on his campus visit that he could be an All-American. Last weekend, Bernstein proved him right.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Bernstein ’15 caps impressive season with All-American honor

April 4, 2014 0 comments

Bernstein pushed his season win total to 36, the second-highest in program history.

First-year phenom Caroline Morant ’17 has taken home five ECAC Rookie of the Week awards this season. Last weekend, she took home first place in both the beam and the floor exercise, which is her favorite event.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Morant ’17 dazzles on floor and beam, setting personal best

March 21, 2014 0 comments

For her stellar performance and growing pile of hardware, The Herald has named Caroline Morant the Athlete of the Week.

Bre Hudgins ’14 leads Bruno with 15 goals this season. Last weekend, the senior scored an overtime goal to lift the Bears over Princeton.

Athlete of the Week: Hudgins ’14 stuns No. 16 Tigers with game-winner

March 14, 2014 0 comments

For her late-game heroics and leadership role on an undefeated squad, The Herald has selected Hudgins as the Athlete of the Week.

Lauren Clarke ’14 played her final game as a Bear Saturday. Clarke’s name will remain with the program, as she is the all-time leader in treys.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Clarke ’14 lights up senior night, downs Tigers

March 7, 2014 0 comments

For scoring 24 points in the 61-58 win that ended a 16-game Brown losing streak against the Tigers, Clarke is The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.

In his collegiate debut against Quinnipiac Saturday, men’s lacrosse attackman Dylan Molloy ’17 scored four goals, leading Bruno to a 13-6 victory.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Molloy ’17 wows with four goals in lacrosse season opener

February 28, 2014 0 comments

Cedric Kuakumensah ’16 began playing basketball in the third grade and is now on pace to break Brown’s all-time record for blocked shots.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Co-captain Kuakumensah ’16 crushes Quakers with double-double

February 21, 2014 0 comments

The 6-foot-9 forward blocked 66 shots in his first season, a school record and the all-time highest for a first-year in the Ivy League.

Diana Walters ’16 flies high at a Springfield College meet Sunday as Brown vaults its way toward a potential championship repeat.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Walters ’16 smokes competition, sets new personal record

February 14, 2014 0 comments

The Springfield College gymnasium belonged to Diana Walters ’16 Sunday.

Aubree Moore ’14 first tried goaltending as a child when a teammate was ill. Today, Moore leads Bruno in the net as a decorated veteran.

Sports

Moore ’14 enters game, Big Red go ice cold

February 7, 2014 0 comments

Aubree Moore ’14, co-captain and goalie of the women’s ice hockey team, has been a top contributor for Bruno since the very beginning.