Topic: Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week: Jones ’16 ends career with 12th-place finish at nationals

Sports

April 8, 2016 0 comments

Simon Jones ’16 is not quite ready to leave the Brown fencing program.

Kylor Bellistri ’16 is just one of the key pieces of Bruno’s high-powered offense this season, leading the team with 23 goals and adding 6 assists.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Kylor Bellistri ’16 powers men’s lacrosse past Harvard

March 25, 2016 0 comments

The men’s lacrosse team has started its season with a bang: The team is 6-0 and ranked No. 4 nationally.

Jorden Mitchell ’17 scored a career-high 9.900 in the floor routine at the Bears’ most recent home meet. Mitchell also recently won the all-around title at the All-Ivy Classic at Cornell. After winning ECAC Gymnast of the Week for her efforts, the junior will look to win her seventh floor title of the season come next week at the ECAC finals.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Jorden Mitchell ’17 leads gymnastics to Ivy title, chases ECAC crown

March 18, 2016 0 comments

For the third year in a row, the gymnastics team is returning to the ECAC finals.

Jordin Alexander ’16 drives in for a layup past a Harvard defender. Alexander led the Bears with 14.4 points per game in her final season.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Alexander ’16 hits 1,000-point milestone

March 11, 2016 0 comments

Guard and women’s basketball captain Jordin Alexander ’16 has been working her way into Bruno’s history books since she put on the uniform three years ago.

Yeram Park ’18 follows through on a swing after making contact. The sophomore started the year by hitting .545 at the Winthrop Invitational.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Park ’18 shows off hitting power in opening games

March 4, 2016 0 comments

The softball team started the season off with a bang, winning four of five games at the Winthrop Invitational last weekend.

Athlete of the week: Peabody ’18 turns in historic performance

Sports

February 5, 2016 0 comments

With three distinct seasons on their plates, distance runners go through a physical gauntlet unrivalled in athletics.

Playing on the top line with Nick Lappin ’16 and Mark Naclerio ’16, Tommy Marchin ’19 is top-10 in the ECAC in points and first among rookies.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Marchin ’19 dazzles in Emerald Isle

December 4, 2015 0 comments

After starting the season with three consecutive losses, the men’s hockey team has settled into a groove, with a stable 2-1-3 record in its last six games.

Sam Donovan ’18 helped Brown to its first win of the season Saturday against Sacred Heart. She led the team in shooting percentage last year.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Sam Donovan ’18 lifts Bears to first win with hat trick

November 20, 2015 0 comments

When the women’s hockey team lost its first six games by a combined score of 24-2, team morale was low. But Sam Donovan ’18 would have none of it.

Alisa Berg ’16 had a spectacular debut in the intermediate fences division on her way to a crucial first-place finish at the URI IHSA Show Saturday.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Berg ’16 catapults equestrian to second-place finish

November 13, 2015 0 comments

Berg treats horseback riding as a mix of art and sport.

Christine Etzel ’19 has taken the net and made it hers in an impressive rookie campaign during which she has recorded five shutouts.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Etzel ’19 goes for shutout mark in final game of season

November 6, 2015 0 comments

In the history of Brown women’s soccer, only five goalies have recorded six shutouts in a season. Christine Etzel ’19 has the chance to become the sixth.