Topic: Athlete of the Week

Justin Jallen ’22 had a hot start to the 2019-20 hockey season, scoring a goal in each period against the Yale Bulldogs Saturday.

Sports

Jallen ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Yale

November 8, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a pair of contests against Yale last weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 on the road Friday.

First year phenom Brittany Raphino ’23 has led the women’s soccer team with eight goals scored and 19 overall points in 14 total games.

Sports

Raphino ’23 uses offensive firepower to keep soccer undefeated in Ivy League

November 1, 2019 0 comments

Brittany Raphino ’23 has scored four goals in her last three games for the women’s soccer team and has posted 19 points on the season. Bruno is currently leading the Ivy League with a 5-0-0 conference record and a 12-1-1 overall performance and is set to close out the season a week from tomorrow.

Makena Ehlert ’20 has been a constant force this season, playing in every set and standing at second in both Ivy kills and points.

Sports

Ehlert ’20 leads Bears to win over Lions

October 25, 2019 0 comments

Outside hitter Makena Ehlert ’20 recorded 19 kills and two blocks to lead Brown in a win against Columbia over the weekend.

Leo Berkman ’23 has had a breakout first year on the men’s water polo team, scoring the second-highest number of goals.

Sports

Berkman ’23 leads water polo over MIT

October 18, 2019 0 comments

Brown beat Massachusetts Institute of Technology 17-12 at home Saturday with a hat trick from attacker Leo Berkman ’23 that helped the Bears short circuit the Engineers.

Van Rootselaar ’22 guided Brown to a 3-1 victory over Dartmouth Saturday. The sophomore midfielder has scored 15 points this year.

Sports

Van Rootselaar ’22 leads field hockey to victory

October 11, 2019 0 comments

Field hockey midfielder Danielle van Rootselaar ’22 played a role in all three goals in the Bears’ win against Dartmouth over the weekend, assisting in the first two tallies and scoring the final goal herself.

Forward White ’21 led the women’s soccer team with a goal in last Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Dartmouth in the Ivy League home opener.

Sports

Welcome to Starland: White ’21 shines for Bears

October 4, 2019 0 comments

As a forward on the women’s soccer team, Star White ’21 has lived up to her stellar name and posted a trio of goals on the season. White helped the Bears to a five-game shutout win streak at the beginning of the year, and has been a key contributor in the team’s victories.

Perry ’21 posted an impressive stat line of 183 passing yards, 227 rushing yards and five total touchdowns as he led the Bears to a win.

Sports

Perry ’21 leads football to shootout victory

September 27, 2019 0 comments

n his first ever game in a Brown uniform, EJ Perry ’21 scored five total touchdowns to lead the football team to victory over Bryant University Saturday.

Thompson ’21, who previously played for two years at West Virginia University, has held Brown’s opponents scoreless this season.

Sports

Thompson ’21 posts consecutive shutouts

September 20, 2019 0 comments

Women’s soccer goalkeeper Kayla Thompson ’21 earned back-to-back shut-out victories last week in games against the University of Hartford Thursday and Providence College Sunday.

Hannah Butler ’21 was one of three Brown women to place in the top four in the Maribel Sanchez Southern Invitational cross country race.

Sports

Butler ’21 wins season’s first XC race

September 13, 2019 0 comments

Hannah Butler ’21 started her cross-country season with a flash, winning the six-kilometer Maribel Sanchez Souther Invitational at a time of 21:58.74. The first-place finish marked the first collegiate victory of Butler’s career.

In a dominating victory against Long Island University, first-year Mahdia Parker lead the Women’s Rugby Saturday.

Sports

Parker ’23 paces offense to win rugby home opener 60-19

September 6, 2019 0 comments

Mahdia Parker ’23 has arrived from Harlem with a bang, scoring three tries as an outside center in her first collegiate rugby appearance and leading the Bears to a 60-19 victory over Long Island University Saturday.