Topic: Athlete of the Week

Co-captain Tommy Marchin ’19 leads the men’s hockey team with 26 points this season and was recently awarded Second Team All-Ivy honors. The Bears will take on Cornell in the ECAC semifinals this afternoon in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Sports

Marchin ’19 fuels Bears to victory over No. 5 Quinnipiac in Quarterfinals

March 22, 2019 0 comments

For the first time since the 2012-13 season, the men’s hockey team advanced to the semifinals of the ECAC Tournament following a series sweep over No. 5 Quinnipiac University last weekend.

Madi Cranford ’21 collected seven hits and four RBI during Brown’s undefeated weekend. Bruno next takes the plate at the University of South Florida Invitational against Colgate University.

Sports

Cranford ’21 slugs softball team to 3-0 week

March 15, 2019 0 comments

Catcher Madi Cranford ’21 has kicked off her sophomore softball season with a bang, going 14-18 at the plate in Brown’s first seven games. This past week, she led the Bears to a perfect 3-0 record at the North Carolina A&T Aggie Invitational, racking up seven hits and four RBI in the tournament.

Katie Klein ’22, who is leading women’s water polo with 29 goals, helped the team to victory at the Harvard Invitational tournament on Sunday. Bruno defeated the Golden Knights 11-5.

Sports

Klein ’22 leads Bears to victory over Golden Knights

March 8, 2019 0 comments

Last Sunday, the women’s water polo team faced Gannon University at the Harvard Invitational tournament in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Anderson scored 13 points against Harvard and a career-high of 21 points against Dartmouth, aiding in the Bears’ victories over both schools.

Sports

Anderson ’20 leads Bears to dual victories

March 1, 2019 0 comments

Last weekend, the men’s basketball team downed Harvard (14-9, 7-3 Ivy) and Dartmouth (11-15, 2-8) in a pair of nail-biting clashes at the Pizzitola Sports Center, earning its first Ivy weekend sweep since 2014. Brandon Anderson ’20 led the team in scoring with a career-high 21 points in the victory […]

Mosenthal was awarded second team All-Ivy honors last season.

Sports

Mosenthal ’21 leads lacrosse to weekend win

February 22, 2019 0 comments

The women’s lacrosse team opened its season Saturday at home with a 16-9 victory against Quinnipiac University, led by the formidable offense of Risa Mosenthal ’21. Mosenthal, an attacker from Campton, New Hampshire, scored eight goals in the matchup, tying a program record for the most goals scored in a single game.

Sophia Petrillo ’22 has made an impressive mark on the Brown gymnastics program since arriving on campus at the beginning of the school year.

Sports

Petrillo ’22 wins multiple all-around titles

February 15, 2019 0 comments

Last weekend, the gymnastics team posted a season high 193.900 to claim first place in a tri-meet against Southern Connecticut State University and Rhode Island College at the Pizzitola Sports Center. The Bears took home the floor, bars and vault titles to power past their New England opponents.

Uche ’21 is the first in program history to break the 20-foot mark. She broke the record at last weekend’s New England Championship in Boston.

Sports

Uche ’21 breaks University long jump record

February 8, 2019 0 comments

Last weekend’s New England Championship in Boston saw impressive performances from several athletes on the track and field, but the highlight of the meet was provided by Ijeoma Uche ’21, who broke a school record in the long jump.

Lukawski ’22 powers Bears to victory

Sports

Lukawski ’22 powers Bears to victory

February 1, 2019 0 comments

The women’s swimming and diving team hosted Cornell Saturday in its last non-playoff meet of the season, and after honoring Bruno’s graduating class in a ceremony, the teams took to the pool. But the star of the day wasn’t a senior: It was Audrey Lukawski ’22, who won two individual events.

First-year Alexa Dannis ’22  earned a time of 1:30.90 in the slalom race at Crotched Mountain to pull off the victory, improving on a fifth-place finish from the week before at Okemo Mountain.

Sports

Dannis ’22 wins slalom race at Crotched Mountain

January 25, 2019 0 comments

Though Alexa Dannis ’22 began her collegiate skiing career only two weeks ago, she has wasted no time in finding success. In her first race at Okemo Mountain in Ludlow, Vermont on Jan. 10, Dannis led Brown by finishing fifth in the slalom. Then, Saturday she won the slalom race […]

Justine Gaziano ’20 scored a career-high 35 points in the winning effort against Bryant University last weekend.

Sports

Gaziano ’20 powers Bears to victory over Bryant

December 7, 2018 0 comments

Junior guard Justine Gaziano ’20 notched 35 points last weekend as the women’s basketball team breezed past Bryant University 84-68 at the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament. For her standout performances in Bruno’s tournament play, she has been named The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.