Topic: Athlete of the Week

Wide receiver Brian Strachan ’15 had eight catches for 98 yards and three touchdowns during Saturday’s game against the College of the Holy Cross, quadrupling his career touchdown total.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Strachan ’15 catches three touchdowns in double OT win

October 17, 2014 0 comments

For his efforts in Bruno’s second victory of the year, Strachan has been named The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.

Athlete of the week: Captain Maurey ’15.5 ends four-game scoring drought

Sports

October 10, 2014 0 comments

After going 430 minutes without a goal, the men’s soccer team has forward Ben Maurey ’and his late-game heroics to thank for its 1-0 victory over Columbia.

Mikela Waldman ’18 started playing soccer in kindergarten. Twelve years later, she shines as one of Bruno’s starting strikers.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: First-year phenom delivers late-game heroics to stun St. John’s

September 12, 2014 0 comments

Mikela Waldman ’18 let neither nerves nor inexperience get to her in her first collegiate game.

Dave St. Lawrence ’15

Sports

Athlete of the Week: St. Lawrence ’15 throws seven-inning gem, holds off Crimson

April 18, 2014 0 comments

Following in the footsteps of fellow teammate Christian Taugner ’17, St. Lawrence was named Ivy League Pitcher of the Week.

A former Brown coach told Ophir Bernstein ’15 on his campus visit that he could be an All-American. Last weekend, Bernstein proved him right.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Bernstein ’15 caps impressive season with All-American honor

April 4, 2014 0 comments

Bernstein pushed his season win total to 36, the second-highest in program history.

First-year phenom Caroline Morant ’17 has taken home five ECAC Rookie of the Week awards this season. Last weekend, she took home first place in both the beam and the floor exercise, which is her favorite event.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Morant ’17 dazzles on floor and beam, setting personal best

March 21, 2014 0 comments

For her stellar performance and growing pile of hardware, The Herald has named Caroline Morant the Athlete of the Week.

Bre Hudgins ’14 leads Bruno with 15 goals this season. Last weekend, the senior scored an overtime goal to lift the Bears over Princeton.

Athlete of the Week: Hudgins ’14 stuns No. 16 Tigers with game-winner

March 14, 2014 0 comments

For her late-game heroics and leadership role on an undefeated squad, The Herald has selected Hudgins as the Athlete of the Week.

Lauren Clarke ’14 played her final game as a Bear Saturday. Clarke’s name will remain with the program, as she is the all-time leader in treys.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Clarke ’14 lights up senior night, downs Tigers

March 7, 2014 0 comments

For scoring 24 points in the 61-58 win that ended a 16-game Brown losing streak against the Tigers, Clarke is The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.

In his collegiate debut against Quinnipiac Saturday, men’s lacrosse attackman Dylan Molloy ’17 scored four goals, leading Bruno to a 13-6 victory.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Molloy ’17 wows with four goals in lacrosse season opener

February 28, 2014 0 comments

Cedric Kuakumensah ’16 began playing basketball in the third grade and is now on pace to break Brown’s all-time record for blocked shots.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Co-captain Kuakumensah ’16 crushes Quakers with double-double

February 21, 2014 0 comments

The 6-foot-9 forward blocked 66 shots in his first season, a school record and the all-time highest for a first-year in the Ivy League.