Topic: Athlete of the Week

The first-year left-hander has had impressive performances against nonconference and conference foes but has yet to get her first Ivy win.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Orona ’18 garners Ivy Co-Rookie of Week honors

April 3, 2015 0 comments

Though the past week may not have resulted in the most desirable final scores for the women’s softball team, pitcher Katie Orona ’18 continued to impress.

Larken Kemp ’17 and Brown’s defense have been crucial to the Bears’ success so far, though Dylan Molloy ’17 and Bruno’s offense have gotten all of the attention. The sophomore was named the Ivy Co-Player of the Week and the USILA National Defensive Player of the Week.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Larken Kemp ’17 anchors men’s lacrosse’s stubborn defense

March 20, 2015 0 comments

The men’s lacrosse team started the season red-hot, rattling off a five-game winning streak which was capped off by a stellar 14-9 victory over Harvard.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Ernst ’17 earns honor of ECAC Goalie of the Month

March 6, 2015 0 comments

It was a tumultuous three months for the men’s hockey team, which started the season 4-16-1 and seemed to be destined to live in the ECAC cellar. But in February, the team found its form, ripping off four straight wins and a six-game unbeaten streak. At the center of this […]

Gina Matsumoto ’16 is setting the pool on fire: The junior has rewritten the Brown record book in the 200-meter butterfly and the 400-meter individual medley and hopes to help the Bears to a better Ivy finish next year.

Sports

Matsumoto ’16 breaks school record in 400m individual medley

February 27, 2015 0 comments

After 17 years, a new name will be slotted into the record book for the 400-meter individual medley.

The world is this Pearl’s oyster: after being awarded the ECSC MacConnell Division’s finest honor, Natalie Pearl’17 hopes to send Brown to Nationals.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Natalie Pearl ’17 named ECSC MacConnell Division Skier of the Year

February 20, 2015 0 comments

Recently named the ECSC MacConnell Division Skier of the Year for the second year in a row, Natalie Pearl ’17 has been a major contributor to the ski team.

Sports

Lappin’s ’16 goal lifts men’s hockey over Harvard

February 13, 2015 0 comments

Thanks in large part to Nick Lappin ’16, the Bears turned in their best performance of the year, taking down the Crimson by a final score of 2-1.

Ned Willig ’16 — who realized a passion for running in middle school — hopes to make it to regionals and nationals in the spring.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Willig ’16 enters Brown, Ivy record books in 1,000 and 4×400

February 6, 2015 1 comment

The track and field season is just underway, but Ned Willig ’16 has wasted no time breaking into the record books.

Monica Elvin ’17 has had a standout season despite a disappointing year for the women’s hockey team. The sophomore made a career-high 47 saves.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Elvin ’17 breaks 10-game losing streak with impressive performance

January 30, 2015 0 comments

Stuck in a tough losing streak, the women’s hockey team was in desperate need of a breakout performance, and Monica Elvin ’17 certainly played the part.

Sports

Alexander ’16 lights up scoreboard, obliterates career-high

November 21, 2014 0 comments

For her impactful and game-winning performance and new career-high, The Herald has named Jordin Alexander ’16 Athlete of the Week.

Kiki Morgan ’16 switched from track to rugby as a first-year. Morgan has been named to USA Rugby’s All-American team twice.

Sports

Athlete of the Week: Morgan ’16 demolishes defenses, leads women’s rugby to Ivy championship

November 7, 2014 0 comments

Kiki Morgan ’16 has been a lethal weapon for women’s rugby all season, proving instrumental in the squad’s first varsity season.