Topic: Brown Men’s Basketball

Guard Zach Hunsaker ’20 faces off against a Penn defender in a Friday night showdown at Pizzitola Sports Center. The Bears lost 92-82 against the Quakers, but bounced back to defeat Princeton the next day.

Sports

Bears beat Princeton, fall to Penn

February 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s basketball team dropped their Friday night matchup against Penn in a 92-82 shootout, but rebounded at home to defeat Princeton Saturday. The Bears were down by as much as 12 early in the first half against the Tigers, but an emphatic 39-15 run allowed Bruno to hold on for the crucial 78-70 victory.

Tamenang Choh ’21 shot 75 percent from the field and averaged 12.5 points over two games against in-state rivals Salve Regina and Bryant.

Sports

Choh ’21 leads Bears to undefeated week

November 29, 2018 0 comments

While most students left campus for Thanksgiving break last week, the men’s basketball team went to work, defeating Bryant University and Salve Regina University.

Zach Hunsaker ’20 handles the ball against the University of Massachusetts Lowell Friday in an 82-74 victory. Desmond Cambridge ’21, named Tournament MVP, led the Bears with 61 points over the three games.

Sports

Men’s basketball goes undefeated in Brown Bears Tip-Off Classic

November 18, 2018 0 comments

The men’s basketball team had a perfect weekend at the Brown Bears Tip-Off Classic, knocking off the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Sacred Heart University and Army West Point to earn a 3-0 record for the tournament.