Topic: Brown men’s hockey

Nolan Aibel ’20 scored the equalizer late in the second period against St. Lawrence University Saturday. The Bears return home to host Union College and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in their final contests before the winter break at Meehan Auditorium this weekend.

Sports

Bruno ties St. Lawrence, falls to No. 17 Clarkson on the road

December 2, 2018 0 comments

Following a 17-day hiatus over Thanksgiving break, the men’s hockey team resumed conference play on the road this weekend with a 5-1 loss to No. 17 Clarkson University Friday and a 2-2 tie against St. Lawrence University Saturday.

Chris Berger ’21 handles the puck. Berger was one of four Bears to score in Friday’s 4-2 victory over Dartmouth, the team’s first win of the season.

Sports

Men’s hockey claims 4-2 victory over Dartmouth at home

November 11, 2018 0 comments

Following visits to Colgate University and Cornell last week, the men’s hockey team returned home to claim its first victory of the season, prevailing over Ivy rival Dartmouth 4-2 at Meehan Auditorium Friday. The win highlighted a pair of mixed results after the Bears fell to Harvard 5-2 Saturday.

David Given ’75 invested $3 million in Brown hockey coaching staff as a part of the BrownTogether fundraising campaign. Given hopes that the donation will free up funds to help renovate Meehan Auditorium.

Sports

U. receives largest-ever coaching endowment

November 8, 2018 0 comments

The University received a $3 million gift from David Given ’75 to fund the Jeanette and Richard Given Men’s Ice Hockey Head Coaching Position last month. This is the largest coaching gift ever made to the University, wrote Director of Athletics and Recreation Jack Hayes in an email to The Herald.

Justin Jallen ’22 handles the puck. The forward currently leads the team with four points in as many games.
The Bears return home to host Dartmouth Friday and Harvard Saturday at Meehan Auditorium.

Sports

Men’s hockey ties Colgate in overtime tilt, falls to No. 18 Cornell on the road

November 4, 2018 0 comments

The men’s hockey team continued its season on the road this weekend, drawing even with Colgate University 2-2 in overtime Friday and falling to No. 18 Cornell 3-2 Saturday.

Women’s hockey stuns No. 9 Colgate, No. 6 Cornell

Sports

November 4, 2018 0 comments

Down 3-1 in the second period Saturday against Colgate University, it seemed that the women’s hockey team was headed for a third consecutive loss and a 3-3 record after a promising start.

The men’s hockey team opens regular season competition this weekend with a pair of contests at Meehan Auditorium. The Bears are slated to play 29 contests before playoffs begin in March.

Sports

Men’s hockey to open season against Yale, Vermont

October 26, 2018 0 comments

As the lights turn on and the crowd gathers in Meehan Auditorium tonight, familiar sets of blades prepare to take the ice.

Bears sweep Harvard, Dartmouth at home

Sports

Bears sweep Harvard, Dartmouth at home

February 25, 2018 0 comments

Following visits to Cornell and Colgate last weekend, the men’s hockey team closed out its regular season with a pair of home victories over Harvard 6-4 Friday and Dartmouth 3-0 Saturday.

Harry Borodemos became the newest member of the men’s hockey team at a Team IMPACT Draft Day Monday. He received a personalized jersey and locker, and will attend games, practices and events with the team.

Sports

Eight-year-old Harry Borodemos signs with men’s hockey

February 20, 2018 0 comments

Eight-year-old Harry Borodemos, a student from Fall River, Massachusetts, became the newest addition to the Brown men’s ice hockey team roster at a Team IMPACT Draft Day held at the Pizzitola Sports Center Monday.

Bears resume conference play with losses to Princeton, Quinnipiac

Sports

February 11, 2018 0 comments

Following a close duel with the University of Connecticut last weekend, the men’s hockey team resumed conference play with a pair of losses and fell to Princeton 7-2 Friday and Quinnipiac University 3-0 Saturday.

Bears fall to St. Lawrence, tie No. 3 Clarkson in overtime tilt

Sports

January 28, 2018 0 comments

Following a five-game home stand during winter break, the men’s hockey team saw mixed results on the road this weekend, falling to St. Lawrence 3-2 Friday and drawing even with No. 3 Clarkson 2-2 in an overtime tilt Saturday.