Topic: Brown men’s hockey

Co-captain Tommy Marchin ’19 leads the men’s hockey team with 26 points this season and was recently awarded Second Team All-Ivy honors. The Bears will take on Cornell in the ECAC semifinals this afternoon in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Sports

Marchin ’19 fuels Bears to victory over No. 5 Quinnipiac in Quarterfinals

March 22, 2019 0 comments

For the first time since the 2012-13 season, the men’s hockey team advanced to the semifinals of the ECAC Tournament following a series sweep over No. 5 Quinnipiac University last weekend.

Men’s hockey sweeps Quinnipiac, advances to semifinals

Sports

March 18, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team defeated No. 5 Quinnipiac University, the top-seeded team in the ECAC, in two games of a best-of-three quarterfinal series this weekend to advance to the semifinals for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

At 103 minutes and 30 seconds, the men’s hockey team’s 6-5 triple overtime victory over Princeton was the longest game in program history and the 18th longest in NCAA Division I men’s hockey records.

Sports

Bears sweep Princeton in first playoff round

March 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team defeated reigning ECAC champions Princeton in two games of a best-of-three playoff series at Meehan Auditorium this weekend, advancing to the quarterfinals for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

As the regular season came to a close, the Bears finished eighth in the ECAC. Bruno will host Princeton in a best-of-three series at Meehan Auditorium this weekend. The winner will advance to the quarterfinals next week.

Sports

Men’s hockey falls to No. 5 Quinnipiac, Princeton at home

March 4, 2019 0 comments

Following a victory over Dartmouth on the road last Saturday, the men’s hockey team closed out the regular season with a pair of losses to No. 5 Quinnipiac University and Princeton at home this weekend.

Goaltender Luke Kania ’21 made 30 saves against Dartmouth Saturday, earning his first shutout of the season and second of his career. Bruno closes out the regular season against Princeton and Quinnipiac this weekend.

Sports

Bears shut out Big Green 2-0 on road

February 25, 2019 0 comments

This weekend, the men’s hockey team took its final road trip of the regular season, paying visits to Ivy rivals No. 17 Harvard and Dartmouth. The Bears fell to the Crimson 4-2 Friday but bounced back the following night in Hanover to earn a 2-0 shutout victory over the Big Green.

The men’s hockey team won four of its last five contests on the road, including two clashes against nationally ranked opponents.

Sports

Bears undefeated on road trip

February 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team found success on the road this weekend, earning a critical pair of victories over Princeton and No. 4 Quinnipiac University. The Bears bested the Tigers 4-2 Friday, before upsetting the nationally ranked Bobcats 4-1 to close out the road trip the following night.

The Bears’ win against Dartmouth was their first Ivy League victory of the season. The squad was previously defeated twice by the Yale Bulldogs, who beat them 70-67 and 79-71 in Providence and New Haven, respectively. The men’s basketball team will next host Penn and Princeton at the Pizzitola Sports Center in a double header.

News, Sports

Men’s hockey falls to Yale 4-3 in close contest on the road

February 4, 2019 0 comments

Following a pair of victories over Rensselaer and No. 18 Union last weekend, the men’s hockey team was edged by Ivy rival Yale 4-3 in a close contest on the road Saturday.

Nolan Aibel ’20 scored the equalizer late in the second period against St. Lawrence University Saturday. The Bears return home to host Union College and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in their final contests before the winter break at Meehan Auditorium this weekend.

Sports

Bruno ties St. Lawrence, falls to No. 17 Clarkson on the road

December 2, 2018 0 comments

Following a 17-day hiatus over Thanksgiving break, the men’s hockey team resumed conference play on the road this weekend with a 5-1 loss to No. 17 Clarkson University Friday and a 2-2 tie against St. Lawrence University Saturday.

Chris Berger ’21 handles the puck. Berger was one of four Bears to score in Friday’s 4-2 victory over Dartmouth, the team’s first win of the season.

Sports

Men’s hockey claims 4-2 victory over Dartmouth at home

November 11, 2018 0 comments

Following visits to Colgate University and Cornell last week, the men’s hockey team returned home to claim its first victory of the season, prevailing over Ivy rival Dartmouth 4-2 at Meehan Auditorium Friday. The win highlighted a pair of mixed results after the Bears fell to Harvard 5-2 Saturday.

David Given ’75 invested $3 million in Brown hockey coaching staff as a part of the BrownTogether fundraising campaign. Given hopes that the donation will free up funds to help renovate Meehan Auditorium.

Sports

U. receives largest-ever coaching endowment

November 8, 2018 0 comments

The University received a $3 million gift from David Given ’75 to fund the Jeanette and Richard Given Men’s Ice Hockey Head Coaching Position last month. This is the largest coaching gift ever made to the University, wrote Director of Athletics and Recreation Jack Hayes in an email to The Herald.