Topic: Brown Men’s Soccer

Men’s soccer draws in defensive battle against Hofstra

Sports

October 24, 2018 0 comments

Coming off a heartbreaking loss Saturday to the Cornell Big Red, the men’s soccer team hoped to rebound against a tough Hofstra University squad Tuesday night at Stevenson-Pincince field.

Midfielder Rodrigo D’Andrea ’20 rushes to celebrate the game-winning goal with his teammates. With the crucial victory, the Bears move to 1-2 in conference play and 6-5 overall this season.

Sports

Men’s soccer stuns Harvard in OT

October 14, 2018 0 comments

The men’s soccer team earned its first Ivy League win of the season after netting a dramatic overtime goal against Harvard Saturday night at Stevenson-Pincince Field.

The Bear’s matchup against previously undefeated URI ended in victory.  URI had not conceded a goal in six games or lost a contest all season.

Sports

Chow ’20 nets double overtime game-winner

September 27, 2018 0 comments

As of last weekend, the University of Rhode Island men’s soccer team had not given up a goal in six games or lost a contest all season. That is, until Brown midfielder Matthew Chow ’20 came along.

Midfielder Rodrigo D’Andrea ’20 evaded the Colonials’ defense in overtime to secure the Bears’ second consecutive victory of their 2018 campaign. Bruno will travel to California to play San Diego State Friday.

Sports

Men’s soccer eclipse Colonials in overtime with golden goal

September 9, 2018 0 comments

Following a season-opening victory against Ocean State rival Bryant University, the men’s soccer team defeated George Washington University 2-1 in overtime Friday.

Men’s soccer battle to scoreless draw against Bulldogs

Sports

November 5, 2017 0 comments

The men’s soccer team entered its final away game of the season in third place, taking on the last-placed Yale Bulldogs Saturday.

Bruno overcame the Quakers 2-1 with an overtime goal from Nico Lozada ’18 in the 99th minute of play. The Bears have had six matches go into overtime. Looking forward, they have three contests remaining in the season.

Sports

Bears best Quakers 2-1

October 29, 2017 0 comments

The men’s soccer team faced the Penn Quakers Saturday at home in a matchup of two teams tied for fourth in the Ivy League standings.

Goalie Joey Cipicchio ’18 punts the ball from his own end. The netminder was able to keep the Big Red out for the entirety of regulation, but Cornell squeezed a goal over the line in double overtime to grab the win.

Sports

Men’s soccer fall to Big Red 1-0 in fifth overtime contest of season

October 22, 2017 0 comments

Following a tie against Harvard last weekend, the men’s soccer team stayed on the road to face the Cornell Big Red in its fourth Ivy League match.

Howell ’19 goal propels men’s soccer to 2-1 overtime win

Sports

September 10, 2017 0 comments

The men’s soccer team’s three-game winning streak continued as Brown (3-0) defeated Holy Cross 2-1 in overtime Sunday evening.