Topic: Brown Men’s Soccer

Senior Co-Captain Jackson Goebel ’20 scored the first goal for the Bears in the 14th minute past Princeton goalkeeper Jacob Schachner.

Sports

Men’s soccer battles Princeton to draw

October 15, 2019 0 comments

Facing a 0-1 conference record and a four-game losing streak, the men’s soccer team entered their matchup against Princeton Saturday in need of a win to stay competitive in the Ivy League.

The men’s and women’s soccer teams garnered average GPAs of 3.44 and 3.58 in the 2018-2019 academic year, respectively.

Sports

Soccer teams earn academic awards

October 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s and women’s soccer teams earned the United Soccer Coaches 2018-19 Team Academic Award, given to college teams with a composite grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

Although the Bears registered nine shots on target, ten corner kicks and nine saves by Max Gross ’21, the Aztecs came away the 2-0 victors.

Sports

Men’s soccer falls to San Diego State

September 29, 2019 0 comments

The men’s soccer team dropped their third straight game Sunday to San Diego State University, losing 0-2 on two short range goals by the Aztecs.

Bruno did not score against the Howard Bisons until a strike by Malcolm Johnson ’22 found the back of the net at the 70th minute. The Colonials snuck two goals past the Bears in a Saturday match.

Sports

Men’s soccer bests Howard, falls to George Washington

September 16, 2019 0 comments

The men’s soccer team headed south to the nation’s capital this weekend searching for its first win of the season and found it against Howard University with a 1-0 victory Thursday.

Will Mims ’21  earned a yellow card in the 80th minute of the game. The Bears maintained solid defense against the Hawks’ attack until the 88th minute, when Hartford’s Knights-Browne broke the tie, resulting in a 2-1 defeat in the Bears’ first game of the season.

Sports

Men’s soccer stunned by Hartford Hawks on late goal

September 8, 2019 0 comments

After Michael Chung ’23 fired a shot past the opposing goalkeeper in the first half of the men’s soccer team’s opener against Hartford University this Friday, it looked like the Bears were on their way to a winning start for the year.

Men’s soccer draws in defensive battle against Hofstra

Sports

October 24, 2018 0 comments

Coming off a heartbreaking loss Saturday to the Cornell Big Red, the men’s soccer team hoped to rebound against a tough Hofstra University squad Tuesday night at Stevenson-Pincince field.

Midfielder Rodrigo D’Andrea ’20 rushes to celebrate the game-winning goal with his teammates. With the crucial victory, the Bears move to 1-2 in conference play and 6-5 overall this season.

Sports

Men’s soccer stuns Harvard in OT

October 14, 2018 0 comments

The men’s soccer team earned its first Ivy League win of the season after netting a dramatic overtime goal against Harvard Saturday night at Stevenson-Pincince Field.

The Bear’s matchup against previously undefeated URI ended in victory.  URI had not conceded a goal in six games or lost a contest all season.

Sports

Chow ’20 nets double overtime game-winner

September 27, 2018 0 comments

As of last weekend, the University of Rhode Island men’s soccer team had not given up a goal in six games or lost a contest all season. That is, until Brown midfielder Matthew Chow ’20 came along.

Midfielder Rodrigo D’Andrea ’20 evaded the Colonials’ defense in overtime to secure the Bears’ second consecutive victory of their 2018 campaign. Bruno will travel to California to play San Diego State Friday.

Sports

Men’s soccer eclipse Colonials in overtime with golden goal

September 9, 2018 0 comments

Following a season-opening victory against Ocean State rival Bryant University, the men’s soccer team defeated George Washington University 2-1 in overtime Friday.

Men’s soccer battle to scoreless draw against Bulldogs

Sports

November 5, 2017 0 comments

The men’s soccer team entered its final away game of the season in third place, taking on the last-placed Yale Bulldogs Saturday.