Topic: Brown women’s basketball

Justine Gaziano ’20 led the Bears with 27 points against Central Connecticut State University. Though the team struggled with a poor shooting performance, it came out on top with a 68-63 win.

Sports

Women’s basketball clinches season opener at home against CCSU

November 8, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team outlasted the Central Connecticut State University Blue Devils in a physical battle at home Tuesday night, with 28 forced turnovers powering the Bears to the win in their season opener.

Justine Gaziano ’20 shot well in the Saturday match against Columbia despite the loss. Ever resilient, the team triumphed over Cornell Sunday.

Sports

Bears beat Cornell, fall to Columbia

March 2, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team held their final home stand of the season this weekend.

Dominique Leonidas ‘21 scored a career-high 21 points against Harvard Friday night.  In the future, she hopes to win the Ivy League Championship.

Sports

Leonidas ’21 named Ivy Rookie of the Week

February 23, 2018 0 comments

Dominique Leonidas ’21 has been red-hot for the women’s basketball team lately.

Bears fall at Cornell, defeat Columbia

Sports

Bears fall at Cornell, defeat Columbia

February 11, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team was back in action this weekend, hitting the road to compete against Cornell and Columbia.

The Bears suffered their biggest loss of the season against Penn and could not pick up a conference win over the weekend. Brown is 1-5 in the Ivy League and is ranked at seventh place in the conference standings after this weekend’s results.

Sports

Bears drop two to Penn, Princeton at home

February 4, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team (13-6, 1-5 Ivy) continued Ivy League play this weekend, hosting Penn (13-5, 4-1) Friday and Princeton (14-4, 4-1) Saturday.

Consistent scorer Justine Gazino ’20 raced down the court in a decisive loss to the Yale Bulldogs Jan. 12. This marked the start of conference play that will take place over two months. The Brown Bears will be facing each team from the Ivy League twice in the hopes of qualifying for the Ivy League tournament.

Sports

Bruno picks up win, drops three to open Ivy League play

January 29, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team (13-4, 1-3 Ivy) opened conference play against Yale (9-8, 2-2) Jan. 12, beginning a two-month stretch that has them facing off against every Ivy League team twice in hopes of qualifying for the Ivy League tournament.

Women’s basketball win Turkey Tip-Off tournament

Sports

November 26, 2017 0 comments

The women’s basketball team followed up its tough home loss against University of California at Berkeley with a trip to the Golden State.