Topic: Brown women’s lacrosse

Claire Jeschke ’22 powers down the field. The women’s lacrosse team’s victory over Yale Saturday marked its first Ivy League win of the season. The Bears travel to New Jersey to face Princeton Saturday.

Sports

Women’s lacrosse bests Bulldogs in 14-11 win at home

March 18, 2019 0 comments

Coming off a series of losses to Dartmouth, Bryant University and the Naval Academy, the women’s lacrosse team (3-4, 1-1 Ivy) faced a pivotal matchup against Ivy rival Yale (4-3, 0-2) Saturday.

Mosenthal was awarded second team All-Ivy honors last season.

Sports

Mosenthal ’21 leads lacrosse to weekend win

February 22, 2019 0 comments

The women’s lacrosse team opened its season Saturday at home with a 16-9 victory against Quinnipiac University, led by the formidable offense of Risa Mosenthal ’21. Mosenthal, an attacker from Campton, New Hampshire, scored eight goals in the matchup, tying a program record for the most goals scored in a single game.

Women’s lacrosse down Monmouth in decisive victory

Sports

March 11, 2018 0 comments

The past week has been a busy one for the women’s lacrosse team.

Bre Hudgins ’14 was drafted by the Boston Storm of the United Women’s Lacrosse League, which enters its second season this year.

Sports

Bre Hudgins ’14 drafted by Boston Storm

April 23, 2017 0 comments

Three years ago, Bre Hudgins ’14 netted a game winning overtime goal against Princeton to give Bruno its first win over the Tigers since 1991.

Two Harvard runs defeat Bears in Saturday contest

Sports

April 16, 2017 0 comments

The women’s lacrosse team hosted Harvard Saturday at Stevenson-Pincince field in the first contest of a three-game April homestand.

Women’s lacrosse splits two-game California slate with win over Cal, loss to SDSU

Sports

April 2, 2017 0 comments

For many students, spring break offers a respite from the dreary Providence winter — a time for the student body to escape to warmer climes.