Topic: Brown Women’s Soccer

After beating Harvard Saturday, the women’s soccer team will take a break from league play to face off against the University of Vermont this Wednesday.

Sports

Women’s soccer beats Harvard, leads league

October 21, 2019 0 comments

Saturday morning, Lauren Hinton ’22 rode her bike along the path between the Jonathan Nelson ’77 Fitness Center and the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center before hopping off and locking it down with her U-lock. The next stop: a face off against Harvard with the rest of the women’s soccer team.

The men’s and women’s soccer teams garnered average GPAs of 3.44 and 3.58 in the 2018-2019 academic year, respectively.

Sports

Soccer teams earn academic awards

October 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s and women’s soccer teams earned the United Soccer Coaches 2018-19 Team Academic Award, given to college teams with a composite grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

Women’s soccer beats Columbia 2-0

Sports

Women’s soccer beats Columbia 2-0

October 7, 2019 0 comments

The Bears and Lions warmed up as if it were a playoff game. Their laser-like focus and energy shot through the sky.

Forward White ’21 led the women’s soccer team with a goal in last Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Dartmouth in the Ivy League home opener.

Sports

Welcome to Starland: White ’21 shines for Bears

October 4, 2019 0 comments

As a forward on the women’s soccer team, Star White ’21 has lived up to her stellar name and posted a trio of goals on the season. White helped the Bears to a five-game shutout win streak at the beginning of the year, and has been a key contributor in the team’s victories.

In the first match of the seven-game Ivy League schedule, the Bears looked to rebound from last week’s 1-0 loss to Villanova. They managed a 2-1 win over Dartmouth with goals from Charcio ’20 and White ’21.

Sports

Bears beat Big Green in Ivy home opener

September 30, 2019 0 comments

The intensity was evident from the start. The pace of the game was feverish. The play was physical. Both teams knew what was at stake.

Star White ’21 scored two goals with assists from Ava Seelenfreund ’23 to help cement Bruno’s 5-0 win over the Stags. Brown was unable to secure a second victory against Villanova at the end of the weekend.

Sports

Women’s soccer ends winning streak

September 23, 2019 0 comments

The women’s soccer team returned to Stevenson-Pincince Field to host Fairfield University Wednesday afternoon. Chance the Rapper’s “No Problem” blared out of the speakers, practically warning the Stags that they did not want any problems with Bruno, who entered the game 5-0-1 with five consecutive shutouts.

Thompson ’21, who previously played for two years at West Virginia University, has held Brown’s opponents scoreless this season.

Sports

Thompson ’21 posts consecutive shutouts

September 20, 2019 0 comments

Women’s soccer goalkeeper Kayla Thompson ’21 earned back-to-back shut-out victories last week in games against the University of Hartford Thursday and Providence College Sunday.

Abby Carchio ’20 finished her season by receiving All-Ivy Honors for the second consecutive year and leading the Ivy League in scoring.

Sports

Carchio ’20 powers women’s soccer to 3-0 win over Yale

November 9, 2018 0 comments

Abby Carchio ’20 scored one goal and notched two assists in the women’s soccer team’s 3-0 win over Yale last Sunday. Those four points on Senior Day raised her season total to 28 and helped her lead the Ivy League in scoring.

Midfielder Abby Carchio ’20 celebrated with the Bears in a 2-1 overtime victory against Holy Cross Sept. 9. Carchio had a major impact on all three of Brown’s goals against Cornell Sunday, recording an assist to Rebecca Rosen ’22 in the first half and knocking in two penalty shots in the second.

Sports

Bruno outclasses Big Red in 3-1 comeback victory

October 21, 2018 0 comments

On a windy and cold autumn afternoon, the women’s soccer team warmed up the home crowd’s spirits with a 3-1 victory against Cornell. The Bears fell behind early but battled back to tie the game before halftime and take a commanding lead in the second half.

Maesyn G’Bye ’22 fires a shot in the loss against Columbia Saturday. The Bears move to 0-2 in the Ivy League, with their next match on the road against the Princeton Tigers this weekend.

Sports

Women’s soccer edged by Columbia 2-1

October 1, 2018 0 comments

Following a 2-0 loss to Dartmouth last weekend, the women’s soccer team looked to capture its first Ivy League victory of the season in the conference home opener against Columbia Saturday.