Topic: Brown Women’s Soccer

Abby Carchio ’20 finished her season by receiving All-Ivy Honors for the second consecutive year and leading the Ivy League in scoring.

Sports

Carchio ’20 powers women’s soccer to 3-0 win over Yale

November 9, 2018 0 comments

Abby Carchio ’20 scored one goal and notched two assists in the women’s soccer team’s 3-0 win over Yale last Sunday. Those four points on Senior Day raised her season total to 28 and helped her lead the Ivy League in scoring.

Midfielder Abby Carchio ’20 celebrated with the Bears in a 2-1 overtime victory against Holy Cross Sept. 9. Carchio had a major impact on all three of Brown’s goals against Cornell Sunday, recording an assist to Rebecca Rosen ’22 in the first half and knocking in two penalty shots in the second.

Sports

Bruno outclasses Big Red in 3-1 comeback victory

October 21, 2018 0 comments

On a windy and cold autumn afternoon, the women’s soccer team warmed up the home crowd’s spirits with a 3-1 victory against Cornell. The Bears fell behind early but battled back to tie the game before halftime and take a commanding lead in the second half.

Maesyn G’Bye ’22 fires a shot in the loss against Columbia Saturday. The Bears move to 0-2 in the Ivy League, with their next match on the road against the Princeton Tigers this weekend.

Sports

Women’s soccer edged by Columbia 2-1

October 1, 2018 0 comments

Following a 2-0 loss to Dartmouth last weekend, the women’s soccer team looked to capture its first Ivy League victory of the season in the conference home opener against Columbia Saturday.

Last Thursday, the Bears hosted the University of Vermont in a matchup that ended in an overtime draw. Bruno will match up against UMass Lowell Tuesday before beginning Ivy League play on the road against Dartmouth Saturday.

Sports

Women’s soccer dominates Rams in 5-0 victory

September 16, 2018 0 comments

The women’s soccer team has not lost to the University of Rhode Island since 2007, and it continued its winning streak Sunday afternoon in a 5-0 shutout victory over the in-state rival. The win was the Bears’ most lopsided victory against URI since 1994 and marked their second win in a week. 

Rebecca Rosen ’22 recorded a total of three goals when the women’s soccer team faced the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Sports

Rosen ’22 heads in overtime game-winner

September 13, 2018 0 comments

Rebecca Rosen ’22 is a rookie on the women’s soccer team, but she played like a true veteran against the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Midfielder Celia Story ’19 dribbles down the field. Story converted a penalty kick in the 82nd minute to secure the victory for the Bears Saturday.

Sports

Women’s soccer blanks Big Red 1-0 on the road

October 22, 2017 0 comments

Following a pivotal victory over Harvard last week, the women’s soccer team rose to fourth place in the Ivy League standings with a 1-0 win against Cornell.

Veteran goalkeeper Christine Etzel ’19 posted her third shutout of the season against Harvard Saturday. The 1-0 victory gives Bruno sole possession of fifth place in the Ivy League standings with three games remaining.

Sports

Women’s soccer claim pivotal 1-0 road victory over Harvard

October 15, 2017 0 comments

For the first time since 2010, the women’s soccer team prevailed over Harvard with a 1-0 win in Cambridge Saturday.

Bears edged by first place Ivy rival No.11 Princeton

Sports

October 9, 2017 0 comments

The women’s soccer team took a lead into the half against No. 11 Princeton last Saturday at Stevenson-Pincince Field.

Star White ’21 powers down the field in Sunday’s victory over Dartmouth. White led the Bears with six shots and scored the game-winning goal in OT.

Sports

Women’s soccer extend winning streak to five

September 24, 2017 0 comments

The women’s soccer team extended its winning streak to five with a 1-0 overtime win over Dartmouth (4-5, 0-1 Ivy) at Stevenson-Pincince Field Sunday.

Women’s soccer extend winning streak to three with 2-1 victory over CCSU

Sports

September 17, 2017 0 comments

Following a pair of victories over Lafayette and Massachusetts last week, the women’s soccer team extended its winning streak to three with a 2-1 win.