Topic: Care New England

Care New England healthcare system chose to pull out of tri-party talks to build a unified health system in Rhode Island with Lifespan and the University’s medical school. President Christina Paxson P’19 called the conclusion disappointing but sees CNE and Lifespan as valuable partners.

News, University News

Talks to create statewide health system dissolve

September 6, 2019 0 comments

Negotiations to create a unified academic health system for Rhode Island, which included the Alpert Medical School, fell apart July 16 after the Care New England health system withdrew from talks and decided not to merge with its larger competitor.

Med School confirmed as academic partner in Partners-CNE merger

News, University News

January 6, 2019 1 comment

The University formally announced in a Dec. 17 press release that the Alpert Medical School will be the primary academic research and teaching institution for the proposed affiliation between Care New England and Brigham Health.

U. reaches agreement with Partners, Care New England

Metro, News, University News

August 28, 2018 1 comment

The memorandum stated that Brown’s president will sit on the CNE Board of Directors and the dean of the Med School will sit on any subcommittees of the board if the merger goes through.

Metro, News

Partners HealthCare, Care New England settle on merger plan

June 2, 2018 1 comment

Following Partner HealthCare’s and Care New England’s definitive agreement to merge May 23, President Christina Paxson P’19, previously a vocal critic of the merger, stated in a press release that she was “optimistic” about the acquisition deal.

Metro, News

CNE-Partners merger moves forward despite University concerns

February 2, 2018 0 comments

Following nine months of discussion, Care New England and Partners HealthCare announced a definitive agreement to merge Jan 25. The agreement raises questions about the state of Rhode Island’s health care system and Brown’s relationship to it. “Right now what we’re focusing on is helping people understand the issues,” said […]

Under the proposal, the Women & Infants Hospital would be acquired by the University or one of its subsidiaries.

Metro, News

U. proposes merger with Care New England health system

January 12, 2018 2 comments

President Christina Paxson P’19 announced the University’s proposal to work with Prospect Medical Holdings in merging with Care New England.