Topic: Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America

Lisa Biggs, Assistant Professor of Africana Studies, read an excerpt of her latest work, a book on the impact of art for incarcerated women. Audience members listened to Biggs' talk and conversed with her after the lecture.

Arts & Culture

Professor shares work on black feminist theater for incarcerated women

March 21, 2019 0 comments

While it is unusual for drama clubs and the crisis of mass incarceration to share ground in a line of inquiry, Assistant Professor of Africana Studies Lisa Biggs spoke about the nexus of the two during a presentation Tuesday.

Filmmaker Kimi Takesue speaks about her documentary titled “95 and 6 to Go,” which follows her grandfather over the course of six years. Her film was screened at the Granoff Center last Thursday.

Arts & Culture

‘95 and 6 to Go’ explores memory, love, loss

February 26, 2019 0 comments

In her documentary “95 and 6 to Go,” Kimi Takesue illustrates a portrait of her Japanese-American grandfather, offering a moving and intimate perspective on memory, love and family. The Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America held a screening and a question-and-answer session for the film with […]

Radical Monarchs talk sisterhood, social justice

News, University News

October 4, 2018 0 comments

Radical Monarchs co-founders Anayvette Martinez and Marilyn Hollinquest kicked off a revelatory and reflective evening Wednesday night by asking audience members to imagine themselves as eleven year olds again.

CSREA kicks off with exhibit featuring artists of color

Arts & Culture

September 13, 2017 0 comments

The Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America opened the 2017-18 academic year with the exhibit “The Body As Site Of.”