Topic: david winton bell gallery

The recent exhibit at the Bell Gallery featured numerous collaged pieces, as well as a three-dimensional video installation, all of which challenged social conventions of gender and environment.

Arts & Culture

‘Fertile Ground’ exhibit challenges gender roles

September 9, 2019 0 comments

“Fertile Ground,” an art exhibit showcasing the complex and layered works of artists María Berrío, Zoë Charlton and Joiri Minaya, opened Aug. 31 at the David Winton Bell Gallery in the List Art Center. The collaborative exhibition was largely orchestrated by Heather Bhandari, guest curator and adjunct lecturer.

“In the Name of King Phillip of Spain,” painted by Professor of Visual Arts Walter Feldman in 1979, hangs in the David Winton Bell Gallery as part of a memorial exhibition.

Arts & Culture

Memorial Exhibit honors U. Professor

September 20, 2018 0 comments

A memorial exhibition for artist and Professor Emeritus of Visual Arts Walter Feldman opened at the David Winton Bell Gallery last Friday. The opening — an emotional, heartfelt tribute to Feldman — included remembrances from his family and a critical discussion of Feldman’s work by esteemed art historian Donald Kuspit.

Fishman ‘What Remains’ exhibition concludes after two months

Arts & Culture

October 30, 2017 0 comments

From September through October, a large elm log, stripped of its bark and sliced into 56 pieces, rested in the middle of the lobby of the List Art Center.

Fishman’s ‘What Remains’ gallery juxtaposes synthetic, organic materials

Arts & Culture

September 18, 2017 0 comments

Last Friday, students and faculty gathered in the List Art Center’s David Winton Bell Gallery for the opening reception of Richard Fishman’s exhibition.

A sculpture by Diana Al-Hadid is displayed in the David Winton Bell gallery. Her artwork often incorporates the structural imagery of decay, integrating themes from Western artistic work and Eastern reflection.

Arts & Culture

‘Phantom Limb’ showcases ruinous forms

September 21, 2016 0 comments

Sept. 3rd, the David Winton Bell Gallery opened its latest exhibition, “Phantom Limb,” which features the work of Syrian-American artist Diana Al-Hadid.