Topic: Dean of the College

Rashid Zia ’01 named Dean of the College

News, University News

June 24, 2018 0 comments

When Rashid Zia ‘01 graduated from the University with degrees in both English and engineering, he could not have known that he would one day become Dean of the College.

News, University News

University launches search for new dean of the college

April 24, 2018 0 comments

The University has launched a search for the next dean of the college following the announcement of current Dean of the College Maud Mandel’s departure to serve as the president of Williams College, The Herald previously reported.

Dean of the College Maud Mandel has been a part of the University since 1997. She will step down to become the 18th President of Williams College.

News, University News

Dean of College to serve as president of Williams

March 23, 2018 0 comments

Dean of the College Maud Mandel will step down as dean and serve as the 18th president of Williams College starting July 1, according to a March 13 University press release.

Julie Plaut’s role as Assistant Dean of the College and Director of Faculty Engagement and Research was created as part of the Swearer Center’s efforts to increase academic integration with the University.

News, University News

New administrative position to integrate engaged scholarship, academics

February 21, 2018 0 comments

Julie Plaut will assume the inaugural role of Assistant Dean of the College and Director of Faculty Engagement and Research this April.

University survey sheds light on course dropping

News, University News

April 25, 2017 0 comments

A study revealed that only a small number of students dropped courses ­— most of which were dropped without negative impact on a student’s academic path.

U. addresses academic code violations

News, University News

U. addresses academic code violations

April 17, 2017 0 comments

Although measures have been taken to reduce academic code violations, the numbers remain high.

UCS briefed on proposed DIAP course designation

News, University News

February 9, 2017 0 comments

Dean of the College Maud Mandel, with Senior Associate Dean for Curriculum Besenia Rodriguez ’00 and five members of the College Curriculum Council

Tricia Rose captivated the audience at the first in a series of lectures that will explore how structural racism affects virtually all parts of society.

Rose MA’87 PhD’93, Prasad MA’03 PhD’06 take on administrative roles

June 30, 2016 0 comments

With the fall semester a mere two months away, four individuals will begin their positions as University administrators July 1.

Margaret Klawunn, vice president for campus life and student services, played a key role in reshaping the purview of the dean of students.

U. seeks new dean of students

March 5, 2015 1 comment

The University has assembled a search committee charged with hiring a dean of students for the next academic year.

Dean of the College search continues

March 11, 2014 1 comment

The dean of the College search committee completed its first phase of interviews with nine applicants out of a pool of 53.