Topic: Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan

Op-eds, Opinions

Rivera Perla ’15 MD ’21: Increase undocumented student representation in medicine

April 24, 2018 0 comments

In recent years, American medical schools have publicly committed to enhancing the diversity of their student bodies.

Dean of Admissions Logan Powell will lead the department as it encourages applications from first-generation and underrepresented students.

News, University News

Admission office releases DIAP

October 15, 2017 0 comments

The Admission Office outlined its goals to diversify incoming classes and its own office in its diversity and inclusion action plan.

U.’s chief diversity officer to step down

News, University News

April 21, 2017 0 comments

Liza Cariaga-Lo will step down June 1 from the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion to assume a role in the Office of the Provost.

DIAP prompts graduate school admissions to rethink recruitment

News, University News

January 29, 2017 0 comments

As part of the University’s Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, the Graduate School has begun to reshape its recruitment efforts.

“How Race Matters in College Academic Performance,” a lecture by Douglas Massey, professor of sociology at Princeton, is the third installment of the eight-part Diversity and Inclusion Lecture Series.

Princeton sociologist discusses stereotype threat

November 18, 2016 0 comments

Douglas Massey, professor of sociology at Princeton, gave a lecture Thursday about the implications of stereotyping on academic performance.

Claude Steele explains stereotype threat

November 10, 2016 0 comments

Claude Steele spoke Wednesday evening in Salomon about the dangers stereotypes pose in a diverse learning environment.

The Brown Center for Students of Color hopes to bring together Southwest Asian and North African students for monthly cultural events and help them achieve greater visibility on Brown’s campus and beyond.

SWANA students gradually gain visibility

October 3, 2016 0 comments

The Brown Center for Students of Color is hosting its first-ever Southwest Asian and North African Heritage Series this year.

DDIAPs emphasize faculty recruitment, student support

September 30, 2016 0 comments

Final versions of departmental diversity and inclusion action plans for the majority of the University’s academic departments are now available.

OIDI launches faculty, staff training

September 27, 2016 0 comments

The OIDI is offering a variety of voluntary professional development opportunities this fall for faculty and staff members.

Undocumented students gain domestic status in admission

September 12, 2016 0 comments

This fall, undocumented applicants will be considered as domestic applicants, meaning that they will be admitted via a need-blind admission policy.