Topic: Faculty and staff

Brown Student Labor Alliance, which has been campaigning for air conditioning in the Sharpe Refectory to mitigate the kitchen’s summer heat, hosted a “Fans on Faunce” event Wednesday asking attendees to bring fans.

News, University News

Sharpe Refectory to gain cooling abilities in 2019

April 13, 2018 0 comments

The University announced on Thursday its plan to begin a multi-million dollar renovation to the infrastructure of the Sharpe Refectory this summer with the goal to permanently equip it with cooling abilities in summer 2019.

Maiyah Gamble-Rivers, manager of programs and outreach in Brown’s Center for the Study of Slavery and Justice, received an Excellence Award for Citizenship from President Christina Paxson P’19.

News, University News

University recognizes staff members for quality work, years of service

February 20, 2018 0 comments

President Christina Paxson P’19 handed out Brown Employee Appreciation and Recognition awards to staff members Feb. 20.

Lecturers express concern over job status

News, University News

October 25, 2017 0 comments

“Lecturers at Brown feel that their role here is unique,” said Joel Revill, associate dean of the faculty and adjunct assistant professor of history.

UCS launches staff appreciation Facebook page

News, University News

March 21, 2017 0 comments

The Celebrating Staff at Brown Facebook page highlights University staff members “who we interact with and who keep the University running.”

Staff climate survey prompts U. response

News, University News

March 2, 2017 0 comments

The results of the spring 2016 staff climate survey have prompted responses and re-evaluation of faculty-staff relations from the University

BUCC discusses staff climate survey

News, University News

BUCC discusses staff climate survey

February 14, 2017 0 comments

The Brown University Community Council discussed the results of a staff climate survey and University concerns about President Donald Trump’s administration at its meeting Tuesday. The staff climate survey, conducted spring 2016, found that about 50 percent of staff members felt they were not respected by faculty members and do […]

News, University News

Professor of Medical Science Michael McKeown dies

January 20, 2017 0 comments

Professor of Medical Science Michael McKeown died Dec. 21 after complications of Alzheimer’s Disease, wrote Dean of Medicine and Biological Sciences