Topic: Gigs on the Grass

“Gigs Undergound,” a continuation of last month’s festival, “Gigs on the Grass,” featured student performances with acoustic, coffee-house sounds.

Arts & Culture

Acoustic performances brighten the Underground

November 5, 2018 0 comments

Last Thursday night, the Underground brimmed with guitar chords and raw vocals as students performed acoustically at Gigs Underground, hosted by the Student Activities Office and Brown University Class Coordinating Board.

The first Gigs on the Grass took place in 2016 and was held on Pembroke Field. This year, the music festival will  gather students on the Main Green for a day-long event which will also feature food trucks and art.

Arts & Culture

Gigs on the Grass to take on Main Green Saturday

October 11, 2018 0 comments

This Saturday, the Main Green will once again become music festival stomping grounds­­ — this year’s edition of Gigs on the Grass will be taking place on the campus’ largest quad. The third annual day-long festival celebrates student performances from a wide range of musical styles, complemented by food trucks and art. Gigs on the Grass is presented by the Brown University Class Coordinating Board and the Brown Concert Agency.

Arts & Culture

‘Gigs on the Grass’ promotes homegrown student music

October 10, 2017 0 comments

Droves of students convened on Wriston Quadrangle for Saturday’s “Gigs on the Grass” music festival.

The first annual “Gigs on the Grass” showcased student performances at Pembroke field, culminating in a “Battle of the Bands.”

Arts & Culture

‘Gigs on the Grass’ features student musical talent

October 19, 2016 0 comments