Topic: List Art Center

Artwork by 12 photographers lines the walls of List Art Center Lobby, focusing on abstractions through various approaches. Work by Bill Jacobson ‘77 examines rectangles through photographs of the real world. Some of the exhibited photographs explored the boundaries between two- and three-dimensional artwork.

Arts & Culture

List photography exhibit explores concept of abstraction

January 29, 2019 0 comments

Bill Jacobson ’77, alongside eleven other photographers, is complicating the notion of “abstraction” on College Hill. The artists’ work is featured in the List Art Center lobby as part of “Recent Acquisitions: Photography and Abstraction” — a photo exhibit that runs from Jan. 19 to May 26.

Student art exhibit contemplates queerness, questioning

Arts & Culture

November 13, 2017 0 comments

A reception last Thursday closed “Queries (*),” a student art exhibit by Alex Hanesworth ’20 and Sophia Meng ’20 that explored queer identities.

“And Men Turned Their Faces From There,” Fatma Bucak’s exhibit, reflects the nuanced circumstances of Kurds living along the Turkish-Syrian border.

Arts & Culture

Exhibition examines Kurds’ current plight

November 30, 2016 0 comments

Plaintively strewn Damask flowers, grief-stricken video displays of Turkish newspapers and a demoralizing lithograph enumerating the fallen speak volumes.

In a visual arts course called “Art of the Book,” undergraduate students created projects that delved into diverse and personal subject matters. The exhibit showcasing the students’ work takes advantage of the unique qualities of the book as a medium, combining the powers of words, images and three-dimensional forms.

Arts & Culture

Interactive display conveys personal experience through books

November 16, 2016 0 comments

On the second floor of the List Art Center, not too far from the industrial-sized elevator, is a small and unassuming room full of books.