Topic: Men’s Water Polo

Nick Deaver ’15 prepares to fire a shot on goal. Deaver scored against the Tritons Saturday, but the Bears were outscored 5-1 in the second half and lost 12-7 in the play-in round of the six-team NCAA tournament. Bruno gained its berth with a CWPA Eastern Championship win, its first since 1985.

Sports

Men’s water polo falls short of NCAA semifinals with loss

November 30, 2014 0 comments

The men’s water polo team began and ended its first trip to the NCAA Tournament since 1990 with a loss Saturday night.

Henry Fox ’15 fires a shot. He scored three crucial goals against the Tigers, growing his team-leading goals total to 76 on the season. His contributions helped Bruno exact revenge on Princeton for an Ivy title game loss.

Sports

Men’s water polo wins first CWPA title since 1985, gains NCAA tournament bid

November 24, 2014 1 comment

The men’s water polo team took the pool against a familiar foe, squaring off with Ivy League rival Princeton in the teams’ second meeting of the year.

Nick Deaver ’15 fires a pass. The Bears played two of their best games of the season this weekend, flattening Fordham and besting Ivy rival Harvard.

Sports

Men’s water polo claims tourney title, stretches win streak to nine

November 10, 2014 0 comments

After a third place finish in last year’s Collegiate Water Polo Association Northern Division Championships, the men’s water polo team strove to do better.

Nick Deaver ’15 steamrolled the Harvard and MIT defenses.

Sports

Athlete of the week: Deaver ’15 lifts Bruno to spotless conference mark

October 3, 2014 0 comments

Last weekend, the men’s water polo team triumphed over rivals Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology thanks in large part to Nick Deaver ’15.

Nick Deaver ’15 winds up and takes aim at goal. The senior attacker contributed eight of Bruno’s 29 goals this weekend.

Sports

Men’s water polo cruises past Harvard, MIT to extend winning streak to seven

September 29, 2014 0 comments

the men’s water polo team extended its current winning streak to seven games.

Sports

Sports Roundup: Sept. 22, 2014

September 22, 2014 0 comments

The latest from the field hockey, men’s water polo and volleyball teams.

Sports

Sports Roundup

September 15, 2014 1 comment

The volleyball team put last weekend’s winless opening San Diego tournament far in the rearview mirror with an impressive showing at the Brown Invitational.

Sports

Men’s water polo continues dominance into new year

September 8, 2014 0 comments

The men’s water polo team started off its season by collecting a well-earned 13-11 win over Diablo Valley College at the Princeton Invitational Saturday.

James McNamara ’14 scored the game-winner in the third-place game at the CWPA Northern Division Championships. Bruno heads into the CWPA  Eastern Championships in pursuit of an NCAA Championships berth.

Sports

Men’s water polo finishes third at CWPA Northern Championships

November 11, 2013 0 comments

James McNamara ’14 scored the winning goal in a late-game thriller against MIT.

Nick Deaver ’15 tallied seven goals against stiff competition at the Rodeo Santa Clara Bronco Invitational. The Bears took down two nationally ranked teams en route to four wins in closing out their regular season schedule.

Sports

Men’s water polo finishes 4-1 in final weekend of regular season play

October 29, 2013 0 comments

Bruno will kick off its postseason at the CWPA championships next weekend.