Topic: Men’s Water Polo

Top-seeded men’s water polo team falls in CWPA tournament

November 23, 2015 0 comments

After going undefeated in its conference and only losing six games, the men’s water polo team had high hopes heading into its second postseason tournament.

Sports Roundup: All-League Awards

November 20, 2015 0 comments

A number of Bears were chosen for a variety of honors in their respective sports’ conferences.

Nick Deaver ’15 prepares to fire a shot on goal. Deaver scored against the Tritons Saturday, but the Bears were outscored 5-1 in the second half and lost 12-7 in the play-in round of the six-team NCAA tournament. Bruno gained its berth with a CWPA Eastern Championship win, its first since 1985.

Men’s water polo falls short of NCAA semifinals with loss

November 30, 2014 0 comments

The men’s water polo team began and ended its first trip to the NCAA Tournament since 1990 with a loss Saturday night.

Henry Fox ’15 fires a shot. He scored three crucial goals against the Tigers, growing his team-leading goals total to 76 on the season. His contributions helped Bruno exact revenge on Princeton for an Ivy title game loss.

Men’s water polo wins first CWPA title since 1985, gains NCAA tournament bid

November 24, 2014 1 comment

The men’s water polo team took the pool against a familiar foe, squaring off with Ivy League rival Princeton in the teams’ second meeting of the year.

Nick Deaver ’15 fires a pass. The Bears played two of their best games of the season this weekend, flattening Fordham and besting Ivy rival Harvard.

Men’s water polo claims tourney title, stretches win streak to nine

November 10, 2014 0 comments

After a third place finish in last year’s Collegiate Water Polo Association Northern Division Championships, the men’s water polo team strove to do better.

Athlete of the week: Deaver ’15 lifts Bruno to spotless conference mark

October 3, 2014 0 comments

Last weekend, the men’s water polo team triumphed over rivals Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology thanks in large part to Nick Deaver ’15.

Nick Deaver ’15 winds up and takes aim at goal. The senior attacker contributed eight of Bruno’s 29 goals this weekend.

Men’s water polo cruises past Harvard, MIT to extend winning streak to seven

September 29, 2014 0 comments

the men’s water polo team extended its current winning streak to seven games.

Sports Roundup: Sept. 22, 2014

September 22, 2014 0 comments

The latest from the field hockey, men’s water polo and volleyball teams.

Sports Roundup

September 15, 2014 1 comment

The volleyball team put last weekend’s winless opening San Diego tournament far in the rearview mirror with an impressive showing at the Brown Invitational.

Men’s water polo continues dominance into new year

September 8, 2014 0 comments

The men’s water polo team started off its season by collecting a well-earned 13-11 win over Diablo Valley College at the Princeton Invitational Saturday.