Topic: Masters of Art in Teaching

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

Letter: Reconsider the suspension of the elementary MAT program

March 15, 2018 0 comments

To the Editor: After reading Polly Ulichny’s March 11 op-ed “Brown’s elementary MAT program gets it right”, it is difficult to understand the administration’s thinking in choosing to suspend a program that has met with such amazing success.

Editorials, Opinions

Editorial: University should not suspend MAT program’s elementary track

March 7, 2018 0 comments

On Jan. 22, the School of Professional Studies decided to place the Master of Arts in Teaching program under review and to suspend the elementary track of the program for the 2018-19 academic year.

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

Letter: Suspension of elementary MAT track was uninformed

March 2, 2018 0 comments

A recent letter to the editor by Provost Richard Locke P’18 inadvertently sheds light on the problem with the decision to suspend the elementary Masters of Arts in Teaching track: The people who made this decision were not adequately informed.

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

Letter: Why does review require suspension?

February 28, 2018 0 comments

To the Editor: In a letter to the editor published by The Herald yesterday, Provost Richard Locke P ’18 states that “the University decided to suspend acceptances of new applicants to the elementary education track for the current cycle.

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

Letter: MAT program article does not capture intention

February 27, 2018 0 comments

The recent article on the University’s decision to suspend acceptances to the elementary education track of the Master of Arts in Teaching program for the 2018-19 academic year did not accurately capture the purpose of this action or the process that we followed.

Students enrolled in the elementary MAT track in the 2017-18 year, pictured here, will not be affected by the cancellation of the program for the 2018-19 year.

News, University News

Cancellation of MAT track met with frustration

February 26, 2018 0 comments

The School of Professional Studies has faced intense criticism from numerous alums and current students after announcing its decision to suspend the elementary track of the Masters of Arts in Teaching program for the 2018-19 academic year as the program undergoes a review.