Topic: Nelson Center for Entrenprenuership

Laura Thompson ’09 (left) and Arnell Milhouse (right) had prior experience in the Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship in unofficial roles.

News, University News

Thompson ’09, Milhouse join Nelson Center as Entrepreneurs in Residence

September 27, 2019 0 comments

Arnell Milhouse and Laura Thompson ’09 will help students build startups and develop ideas as this year’s Entrepreneurs in Residence at the Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship. Since their appointment in May, Thompson and Milhouse have started mentoring students during their office hours.

The University’s Breakthrough-Lab moved into the new Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship this summer. The B-Lab program provided a stipend, workspace and mentorship for 14 student ventures this summer.

News, University News

University’s Breakthrough-Lab supports student ventures

September 24, 2019 0 comments

For eight weeks over the summer, student entrepreneurs gathered in the workspaces and lecture halls of the new Jonathan M. Nelson Center For Entrepreneurship to work on venture projects through the Breakthrough-Lab program.

The three winning teams received prize money and won a trip to New York City to meet with investors and alums.

News, University News

Brown Venture Prize awards $50,000 to student start-ups

March 20, 2019 0 comments

With a $25,000 prize on the line and a sold-out crowd of over 250 people, eight teams of young entrepreneurs took the stage last Wednesday for the second Brown Venture Prize Pitch Night, presenting their startup ideas and vying for the favor of seven alumni judges.

Relocating from Hillel, the new Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship will provide a versatile, collaborative space for students to pursue their work on startups and venture companies.

News, University News

Nelson Entrepreneurship Center to relocate on Thayer

February 20, 2019 0 comments

The Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship will move to a new home at 249 Thayer St. this summer, said Danny Warshay ’87 P’20, executive director of the Nelson Center. The new four-story building is set to be completed in May, and the Center will use the top three floors, totaling about 10,500 square feet.