Topic: Performing Arts Center

U. hopes to open performing arts center by fall 2021

News, University News

October 3, 2017 0 comments

Over the summer, the University has continued its work developing plans for the new performing arts center after announcing its conception spring 2017.

During its two-day meeting, the Corporation approved the proposed site of a new performing arts center that will require the controversial demolition of the Urban Environmental Lab.

News, University News

Corporation approves site for performing arts center

May 29, 2017 0 comments

The Corporation approved the controversial site along the Walk between main campus and Pembroke for a new performing arts center

Op-eds, Opinions

Mackie ’59: Performing arts and Brown’s obligations to historic preservation

May 24, 2017 0 comments

Several years ago, Brown engaged famous author-illustrator David Macaulay to chronicle Brown’s historic campus.

Students divided over location of proposed performing arts center

News, University News

April 27, 2017 0 comments

The undergraduate student body is split on whether the center should be built in its proposed location along the Walk between main campus and Pembroke.

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

Letter: All historic buildings, spaces should be considered in Performing Arts process

February 27, 2017 0 comments

The potential demolition of the Urban Environmental Lab raises the question of the potential tradeoffs inherent in the placement of the performing arts.

The Corporation approved the proposed site of the performing arts center, which would require the controversial demolition of the Urban Environmental Lab.

News, University News

Planned UEL demolition invokes criticism

February 26, 2017 0 comments

Students and faculty have been pushing to save the UEL and the communities it supports.