Topic: Restaurant Week Fall 2014

In harkening back to the glory days of the diner, Wayland Square Cafe Diner has managed to carve its own path and remain relevant to modern customers through classic dishes and friendly service.

Arts & Culture

Classic American diner offers glimpse of another era

November 21, 2014 0 comments

The American diner, once the mecca of hip social circles, is making a comeback — albeit one riddled with identity crises.

Though Decontee’s ambience may not be quite right for a date or formal occasion, the food provides an opportunity to explore affordable dishes with generous portion sizes and an array of flavors.

Arts & Culture

Liberian restaurant cooks up authentic, affordable cuisine

November 20, 2014 0 comments

“I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.” This is the inevitable conclusion of the diner leaving Decontee’s African Restaurant.

Arts & Culture

Italian wine bar serves up soberingly delicious treats

November 19, 2014 0 comments

Stepping off the bustling streets of Federal Hill and into the cozy space of Enoteca Umberto is akin to visiting an Italian grandmother just before dinner.

Arts & Culture

Taste of India fails to match Kabob and Curry quality

November 18, 2014 2 comments

Taste of India does not live up to the bar set by its Thayer Street counterpart.

Tacos showcasing meat, guacamole, onion, cilantro and radish medallions on a corn tortilla shell are just one variation of the specialty at Tallulah’s Taqueria, a Mexican restaurant that opened in Fox Point in May.

Arts & Culture

Tallulah’s Taqueria serves up taco of the town

November 17, 2014 0 comments

Judging by its bustling atmosphere and easy rhythm, it’s not hard to forget that Tallulah’s Taqueria is still the new kid on the block.