Topic: Rhode Island School of Design

The exhibition at RISD’s Student Exhibitions Gallery, titled “In the Mood for Love” after the 2000 film of the same name, features multimedia works from animation to photography.

Arts & Culture

Exhibition explores how Asian identity intersects with life experiences

December 7, 2018 0 comments

“He remembers those vanished years. As though looking through a dusty windowpane, the past is something he could see, but not touch. And everything he sees is blurred and indistinct.”

“Qyrq Qyz” brought together nine musicians who performed the musical compositions of Dmitri Yanov-Yanovsky as Saodat Ismailova’s film projected behind them.

Arts & Culture

Performance piece ‘Qyrz Qyz’ reimagines Central Asian epic tale

March 20, 2018 0 comments

Throughout last Wednesday night’s multimedia performance at the Rhode Island School of Design Auditorium entitled “Qyrq Qyz,” the composition of the stage shifted: The only set piece, a black mountain of fabric, was deconstructed and the performers rearranged positions and formations to the beat of the music.

The seventh annual A Better World by Design conference proposed technology- and design-related solutions to real-world problems, such as revitalizing public spaces and the significance of American-made products.

ABWxD inspires change by innovation

September 22, 2014 0 comments

Colorful balloons dotted campus this weekend, guiding participants in the seventh annual A Better World by Design.

The Radeke Restoration Project, which renovated three floors of the Rhode Island School of Design Museum, cost $8.4 million in total.

Arts & Culture

RISD galleries undergo renovations

September 9, 2014 0 comments

Restoration of the Dainichi Nyorai Buddha and the newly displayed Egyptian priest Nesmin’s coffin are two changes in the renovated the RISD Museum.