Topic: School of Engineering

News, University News

School of Engineering takes measures to hire diverse staff

September 27, 2017 0 comments

Over a year after the Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan mandated the University diversify its faculty the School of Engineering is ramping up its efforts.

Kenneth Breuer ’82 and Sharon Swartz were awarded the grant and hope to better incorporate aerodynamic studies into the U.’s research program.

News, University News

University professors Swartz, Breuer receive grant for new wind tunnel

September 25, 2017 0 comments

The National Science Foundation has awarded two University researchers, Sharon Swartz, professor of biology and engineering, and Kenneth Breuer ’82.

Engineering students’ report spurs change in department

News, University News

March 14, 2017 0 comments

A group of students concentrating in engineering completed a 55-page report that proposed improvements for the department across four broad areas.

Construction on the new School of Engineering is now past the midpoint and expected to be finished on time in January 2018.

Science & Research

Engineering building halfway complete

September 26, 2016 0 comments

The new School of Engineering building — whose construction is slated to be done in January 2018 — is currently just over half finished with construction.

Fetty Wap (left) will perform Friday of Spring Weekend, and Mac DeMarco (middle) and Tinashe (right) will perform Saturday.

In Case You Missed It

Brown Bites: Feb. 27 – Mar. 4, 2016

March 4, 2016 0 comments

April showers bring Fetty Wap; thank you, Lecture Board; crying in the corner; up in smoke; money, money, money.

Three Brown professors win $500,000 each in funding

Science & Research

March 1, 2016 0 comments

Three junior faculty members in the School of Engineering have received the NSF’s CAREER Awards of approximately $500,000 over the course of five years.

For Space Horizons participants, next stop is Moon

Science & Research

February 24, 2016 0 comments

The image of a city on the Moon is, in many circles, still the stuff of science fiction.

Science & Research

Researchers investigate physics of stone skipping

February 15, 2016 0 comments

For skipping stones, kids know to look for the perfect rock. But according to the School of Engineering, it is elastic balls that they should be after.

The new applied math building is currently in the “design build” phase of the construction process. Foundation work will begin next month.

Construction to commence on applied math building

October 28, 2014 5 comments

After the Corporation approved construction on a new applied math building, designs are being finalized and foundation work is kicking into full swing.

Editorials

Editorial: The unfortunate compromise in expansion

September 25, 2014 0 comments

While historical preservation concerns are justified, we urge the University to continue to pursue the development plan for the new engineering building.