Topic: School of Professional Studies

Students enrolled in the elementary MAT track in the 2017-18 year will not be affected by the cancellation of the program for the 2018-19 year, but several current students and alums expressed concern and frustration regarding the track's suspension.

News, University News

Cancellation of MAT track met with frustration

February 26, 2018 0 comments

The School of Professional Studies has faced intense criticism from numerous alums and current students after announcing its decision to suspend the elementary track of the Masters of Arts in Teaching program for the 2018-19 academic year as the program undergoes a review.

Wexford Innovation Center breaks ground

News, University News

Wexford Innovation Center breaks ground

September 25, 2017 0 comments

I-195 land parcels in the Jewelry District were the site of a groundbreaking yesterday morning.

U. appoints academic director of executive master’s program

February 3, 2017 0 comments

Peter Hollmann ’76 MD’79 was named the new academic director of the Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership program at the School of Professional Studies.

News, University News

SPS offers innovative master’s programs, seeks to expand

February 2, 2017 0 comments

The School of Professional Studies has grown in resources and contributed significantly to the University budget, said Karen Sibley.

Brown to lease office space in Jewelry District

News, University News

January 25, 2017 0 comments

The University announced that it will lease two floors of the future Innovation Center complex to house the School of Professional Studies.

Grad students navigate imperfect advising system

October 25, 2016 0 comments

While the University has boosted its attention to the undergraduate advising system, advising is central to the academic experiences of PhD candidates.

The School of Professional Studies now offers an Executive Master’s degree in Science and Technology Leadership. The 16-month program offers a unique curriculum that is geared toward young professionals with extensive experience and allows students to keep their full-time jobs.

University launches STEM leadership master’s program

September 7, 2016 0 comments

The School of Professional Studies launched the Executive Master in Science and Technology Leadership program this summer.

University’s new cybersecurity program to begin this fall

January 27, 2016 0 comments

The University announced the inauguration of its Executive Master in Cybersecurity program Jan. 20.