Topic: science and research

Workshop explores connections between artificial, human intelligence

News, Science & Research

April 9, 2018 0 comments

With the buzzword “data-driven” gaining traction as a hot topic within many disciplines today, researchers and students flocked to the Serre Lab’s workshop on deep learning and the field’s myriad applications last Saturday.

News, Science & Research

Science & Research Roundup, April 5

April 4, 2018 0 comments

An international team of researchers studied and conducted tests on mice that were genetically modified to carry TDP-43, a protein that causes a hereditary form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in humans, according to a University press release published last month.

Stipend cushions student transition costs

News, University News

April 3, 2018 0 comments

The Graduate School will offer a new $1,200 transitional stipend for incoming doctoral students this fall, said Ethan Bernstein, director of administration and operations at the Graduate School.

Professor brings international science to University

News, Science & Research

April 1, 2018 0 comments

In the midst of the Cold War, the Soviet Union and the United States competed in virtually every arena, each power vying for the political, economic and military advantage.

Researchers found that  a new material — Cesium Titanium (IV) Bromide — can take the place of lead in a specific type of solar panel that is more affordable and offers increased conductivity.

News, Science & Research

New research aims to improve solar panels

March 7, 2018 0 comments

According to a recent study by University researchers, a new material called Cesium Titanium (IV) Bromide can replace lead in a specific type of solar panel.

University holds tenth annual Space Horizons workshop

News, Science & Research

February 11, 2018 0 comments

This past weekend, students, faculty and aerospace professionals gathered in Barus and Holley to participate in the tenth annual Space Horizons workshop.

News, Science & Research

Science & Research Roundup

January 31, 2018 0 comments

A study conducted by researchers at the University identified an enzyme, SNRK, that could play a role in combating obesity in humans, according to a University press release.