Topic: Spotlight on the Statehouse

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: March 9, 2016

March 9, 2016 0 comments

A new program titled “myRA” will create a simple savings program for Rhode Islanders who don’t have experience with saving, WPRI reported.

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Feb. 17, 2016

February 17, 2016 0 comments

“We are ready for our resurgence, and that resurgence begins now,” said Mayor Jorge Elorza at his State of the City address last week.

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Jan. 27, 2016

January 27, 2016 0 comments

Building up Rhode IslandGov. Gina Raimondo has approved over $9 million in tax credits and grants to incentivize construction in Rhode Island.

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Nov. 30, 2015

November 30, 2015 0 comments

Dancing traffic cop at intersection of controversy; Putting out fires in the fire department; Minority-owned businesses

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Nov. 19, 2015

November 19, 2015 0 comments

Only one in three students met state standards in English, while only one in four did so in math, according to standardized test results released Tuesday.

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Nov. 12, 2015

November 12, 2015 0 comments

Rhode Island government gets low grade for integrity The Center for Public Integrity, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that seeks to use investigative journalism to expose abuses of power, gave Rhode Island a “D+” in its 2015 State Integrity Investigation. But despite the low mark, the Ocean State was still fifth […]

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Nov. 5, 2015

November 5, 2015 0 comments

Murals celebrate color, cleanliness, Memories of cold inspire winter preparation, Elorza unveils local food grant program

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Oct. 28, 2015

October 28, 2015 0 comments

Former Gov. Lincoln Chafee ’75 P’14 P’17 dropped out of the race to become the Democratic nominee for president of the United States Friday.

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Oct. 21, 2015

October 21, 2015 0 comments

Acelia Terrero, owner of Ada’s Creations on Broad Street, told the Providence Board of Licenses that she paid $29,000 in bribes, Turn to 10 reported.

Metro

Spotlight on the Statehouse: Oct. 15, 2015

October 15, 2015 0 comments

Mayor Elorza has partnered with Rhode Island Housing to start a $3 million fund offering small loans to those renovating abandoned homes in Providence.