Topic: Spring Weekend 2013

The student was arrested after attempting to punch a Department of Public Safety Officer during the “Fratty in the Ratty” event Saturday.

Student arrested during Spring Weekend

April 25, 2013 2 comments

After the Boston bombings, DPS took extra precautions to keep concertgoers safe.

Letters to the Editor

Letter: Spring Weekend performers trivialize women

April 23, 2013 36 comments

The performances at this year’s Spring Weekend advanced the notion that women are primarily valuable as sexual objects.

Editorials

Editorial: Thank you for the music

April 23, 2013 1 comment

Amidst our enjoyment of Spring Weekend, we can sometimes appear out of touch with those who worked for us to experience a few days of carefree fun.

The crowd danced the night away as DJ A-Trak skillfully manipulated mixes ranging from Missy Elliott to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, all while taking shots of the crowd with his iPhone.

Arts & Culture, Photo Gallery

Spring Weekend delivers engaging lineup

April 22, 2013 2 comments

Kendrick Lamar and Dirty Projectors stole the show in the weekend’s series of well-balanced concerts.

Big Freedia performed Friday night of Spring Weekend, followed by Friday headliner A-Trak.

Arts & Culture

Azz everywhere: An exclusive Q&A with Big Freedia

April 21, 2013 0 comments

The Herald sits down with New Orleans bounce star Big Freedia for an exclusive interview with the Queen Diva herself.

Rapper Kendrick Lamar headlined Saturday’s Spring Weekend concert with a performance that many attendees said they enjoyed.

Weekend welcomes spring traditions, headliners

April 21, 2013 0 comments

Despite ticketing issues, BCA members and students said the festival ran relatively smoothly.

This graphic visualizes inter- and intra- genre preferences among respondents to the fall 2012 poll conducted by UCS and the BCA surveying interest in acts for Spring Weekend. The size of each genre's exterior band represents the total number of votes received by that genre in the poll. The connecting segments represent shared tastes between genres. The width of each of the segments is proportional to the total number of votes the corresponding genre received among voters of the source genre. (Interactive graphic by Data Science Contributor Madeline Kau and Data Science Editor Andersen Chen.)

Arts & Culture, Data Science, Interactive Graphic

BCA poll results reveal rock as most popular genre

April 18, 2013 9 comments

Students indicated an interest in mainstream rather than ‘indie’ musical artists.

Abe Arambolo ’14 won the most votes in the Brown Concert Agency’s second poll, after the results of the first poll  were invalidated due to alleged loopholes that allowed people and programs to cast multiple votes.

BCA’s student DJ vote stirs controversy

April 18, 2013 0 comments

The original poll to pick a student DJ for Spring Weekend allowed multiple votes to be cast.

TouchNet stalls Spring Weekend ticket sales

April 16, 2013 0 comments

The site caused problems with morning sales, but BCA released more of the tickets in the evening.

Spring weekend ticket sales, preregistration may overlap

April 8, 2013 0 comments

If the system crashes, rising seniors may have to buy tickets and sign up for classes on the same morning.